Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hats off to the Jacks for a great game....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hats off to the Jacks for a great game....

You guys played a hell of a game against the Griz. Congrats on a hard played game. You guys will be damn tough this year!

Re: Hats off to the Jacks for a great game....

Thanks Wyobison, I am pleased as I had fears of a 70 to zip game.

I just hope we can start turning the corner and start winning the close ones. I sure our kids would want nothing less to win these close ones and continue making our SDSU football program respectable.

Comment

After that game you guys have respect......you did after last season......it just pisses us off that some of it was at our expense....

Comment

I came here to say the same thing. That was a great game!

Comment

Originally posted by WYOBISONMAN
          After that game you guys have respect......you did after last season......it just pisses us off that some of it was at our expense....
          I'd say were on the verge of earning respect. Heck, half of the state of SD still doesn't get it. We need big wins of Cal-Poly and Texas St. the next 2 weeks to really get our name on the map.

What NDSU is doing, now thats truly respectable. I would love to see the 2 most promising new DI schools in the nation do battle with 1 or 2 losses each (maybe 0 for NDSU) the second week in November.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

I'd say were on the verge of earning respect. Heck, half of the state of SD still doesn't get it. We need big wins of Cal-Poly and Texas St. the next 2 weeks to really get our name on the map.

What NDSU is doing, now thats truly respectable. I would love to see the 2 most promising new DI schools in the nation do battle with 1 or 2 losses each (maybe 0 for NDSU) the second week in November.
            Congrats, jacks! I know it was a loss, but you kept the #4 ranked grizzlies to no more than seven points in front of their own home crowd. Sweet! You've got a good up an coming football program and I look forward to our matchup Oct 1 in San Marcos. I just hope we're not too banged up by Texas A&M this week. Good luck till then.

Comment

I hate to admit it and this is the first time I have admited it, but SDSU seems like a pretty good football team. That's ok though because it will make our win against you that much better.

It also doesn't mean that I have to like the rabbits. ;D

Comment

I thought the pre-game comment by a sports columnist in the daily Missoulian newspaper was appropriate. He said the Grizzlies, after beating up on a D-II team and then facing D-IA Oregon, was finally taking on "someone their own size."

As our friend the Bison fan said, after the Montana game, heck, after last season, we have respect. Now, the fans can no longer think "Gee whiz, sure hope we can stay in the game..." Our players know they're in the game and they can win the game.

JackMD is correct about some in the state simply not getting it but, I can tell you that people noticed the Montana score and I think they're catching on. I haven't heard for a long time, anyone saying we' won't make it in D-IAA.

Comment

Great game at Montana - sure wish you would have won. Soften up Cal Poly a little bit and take them down a notch. ;D

Comment

The state will come around. One thing to remember is the the perspective is different depending on your age. The idea of D-I is a lot for some people to assimilate right now, but in a couple years, it will be ancient history for younger people.

Comment

Great game Jacks! Way to represent the Great West! Good luck the rest of the season. (minus your Nov. 12th game) :P ;D

Comment

Working...
                      X