No announcement yet.

What is the game day weather forecast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the game day weather forecast?

Is there still a chance for rain? If so how much is expected? What about the temp.?

Looking forward to the game. Wish I could be there.

Re: What is the game day weather forecast?

Here's the forecast for tonight and tomorrow.

Friday night:
    Partial cloudiness early, with scattered showers and thunderstorms overnight. Low around 55F. Winds SSE at 15 to 25 mph. Chance of rain 40%.

Saturday:
    Showers and scattered thunderstorms. High around 65F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Saturday night:
    Cloudy with a few showers. Low near 45F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

Weather.com calls for a game time temp of 58 degrees.

There is a pretty good amount of rain starting to form in western SD. I'm hoping it comes through tomorrow morning and clears out of here in time for some tailgating tomorrow afternoon.

Comment

Thank you for the update. I think we are in for a "Great" openning to the Great West.

Go Mustangs!!!

Comment

I'm in Brookings, it has been raining off and on all morning.

Comment

Here is the latest from the national weather service, it looks to be wet and sloppy, at least not windy :-/:

This Afternoon: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high around 70. South southeast wind 7 to 11 mph becoming west southwest.

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly after 3am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. Cloudy, with a low around 54. North northwest wind between 5 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts between one and two inches possible.

Comment

You'd think that a sloppy field would give an advantage to the "bigger" SDSU team over the "quicker" Cal Poly.

The rain will also keep attendance down, unfortunately.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

i was just outside and the rain looks like it has cleared off, and it doesnt look like there is much else out west(right now anyway) its a great day for football.

Comment

The forcast has improved, looks like the T-storms will hold off until midnight:

Late Afternoon: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Cloudy, with a high around 70. Light north wind.

Tonight: Showers and thunderstorms likely, mainly between midnight and 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 53. Calm wind becoming north between 10 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Comment

Any chance of having the grounds crew give the turf a good soaking anyway?
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                  X