Coughlin-Alumni scoreboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coughlin-Alumni scoreboard

Just wondered what everyone thought about the awfull sound at the Cal-Poly game? The video is good, the sound has such potential but was all over the place. Once it is too loud, then barely audible, then very tinny with no bass response. Was there a problem with it or is it just the operator? I do not know if it is done voluntarily or one set group of people. Hope it gets better to really set it off as an awesome improvement!
    Also noticed the crowd at times did a better job of making noise for our Rabbits, but needs to substantially improve still. I got a few iritated looks for yelling loudly for our defense, and encouragement for the offense on a couple of occasions by 40-something-year-olds. Get used to it baby, I shall continue to sound for the Jacks, PLEASE JOIN ME!!! GO RABBITS! ;D

Re: Coughlin-Alumni scoreboard

Gotta agree with you on the fans. Its pretty sad when Jacks players on the bench need to "raise the roof" to get people excited in the 4th quarter when we are on defense. Granted we've always had a sit back and watch kind of crowd, but hopefully it continues to get better.

Comment

Originally posted by jharrisfan
      Just wondered what everyone thought about the awfull sound at the Cal-Poly game? The video is good, the sound has such potential but was all over the place. Once it is too loud, then barely audible, then very tinny with no bass response. Was there a problem with it or is it just the operator? I do not know if it is done voluntarily or one set group of people. Hope it gets better to really set it off as an awesome improvement!
          Also noticed the crowd at times did a better job of making noise for our Rabbits, but needs to substantially improve still. I got a few iritated looks for yelling loudly for our defense, and encouragement for the offense on a couple of occasions by 40-something-year-olds. Get used to it baby, I shall continue to sound for the Jacks, PLEASE JOIN ME!!! GO RABBITS! ;D

I don't think I have ever seen you do anything but complaing about something in every thread you have started. Did you get cut from the team or something like that?

Comment

[quote=jharrisfan ]I don't think I have ever
        seen you do anything but complaing about something in every thread you have started. Did you get cut from the team or something like that?
        turn your pitchfork around and sit on it buddy!

Comment

I gotta agree about getting strange/dirty looks when trying to make some noise when we're on defense. I've gotten that throughout my many years of attending SDSU games--most recently at the Valpo game. I started hollering on a third down and whatever and the guy in front of me turned around and had a "what the hell?" look on his face. Fortunately, the need for noise was minimal at the Valpo game.

SDSU fans in general don't know when to make noise, and what kind of noise to make, IMHO.

While I was at the Valpo game, it came to me. Have the student section and the band switch ends and move to the north end of the grandstand.

That way, the students will more easily see the "make noise" messages on the scoreboard and start things. The old farts (like me) will follow the students' lead.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

i got the dirty looks also im thinking about going to east side where i can yell in peace..go rabbits

Comment

personally i would like some of the cheer squad in front of me (the old fuddyduddy side ) i am cheer impaired one time i hollered go defense when we were on offense.

Comment

Originally posted by wererabbit
                i got the dirty looks also im thinking about going to east side where i can yell in peace..go rabbits
                The east side is great...we've been sitting over there for the last 5 or so years. You get to raze to visiting team and mingle with their fans. I'm also a little superstitious about sitting over there. In 2003, we were kicking the snot out of UND (the year they won the NC) in the first half. At half-time, I moved to the west side to sit with my father in-law. We subsequently lost the game (although we got hosed big time). Since then, I have never sat on the west side and we have never lost a home game that I've been at (wasn't at the Cal-Poly game).

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

The east side is great...we've been sitting over there for the last 5 or so years.  You get to raze to visiting team and mingle with their fans.  I'm also a little superstitious about sitting over there.  In 2003, we were kicking the snot out of UND (the year they won the NC) in the first half.  At half-time, I moved to the west side to sit with my father in-law.  We subsequently lost the game (although we got hosed big time).  Since then, I have never sat on the west side and we have never lost a home game that I've been at (wasn't at the Cal-Poly game).

So you're the one to blame for that loss, now I can finally sleep at night.

It's fun to sit on the eastside. During the Winona game last year when they were moving the ball early they had a few fans that kept on shouting, "All day baby, all day". Only the problem with that was Winona was so busy "doin' it all day", they didn't have any energy left for the game that night. ;D ;D

Comment

I have to agree with jharrisfan. This was my first time as CAS this year. I was impressed with the video - far better and better used than the one in another SD football stadium! But I had the same thoughts about the audio. Was it that bad the first game? I think that the poor volume control may have actually annoyed some of us into silence instead of firing us up.

Comment

Was it a fairly windy night? If there is much wind AT ALL, it will have a big impact on the quality of the sound system.

Comment

You hit it Rabbit_FB_Alum. If there is a 1mph breeze the sound will be off. I was at the home opener and experienced the loss of sound and quality with the system. I do like it a lot better than the old system but, it is irritating.

I think they need to create a clip that makes the video board shatter when the kicker hits the board during the extra point. Then, they need to make a moving bullseye to throw off the opposing teams kicker That would be funny.

Comment

The audio system that is installed in the video board setup is a one-way system. It would be helpful to add speakers around the stadium to add the surround affect which would eliminate the breakup of the sound caused by the wind. Of course, nobody thought about that during the engineering of the system. Knowing that SD is always windy, the school and Daktronics should have known that this problem would exist. : GO JACKS beat TEXAS ST.

Comment

I'm still waiting to see a picture of the board in action

Comment

When working properly, the sound system on the scoreboard could be heard loud and clear during a hurricane . There are a few technical problems that will be worked out before the next game, so lets not panic just yet!

Comment

Working...
                              X