State of Coughlin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State of Coughlin

I must say I'm overall very impressed by the improvements made to CAS this year, especially the last 4 years.

Just this last week the area under the main grandstands was paved as well as the path to the parking lot. The field looked in really good shape as well.

Also the new Alumni tent was nice and so was the free food and beverage! Nice work.

As far as the scoreboard, they did a good job balancing the sound and the video and scoreboard crew should only get better. I'm curious to see what the poles above are for. Flags? Banners? Advertisements?

Just thought I should give credit since I know I been critical about these things. :-/

Re: State of Coughlin

One negative comments about the fans. (I couldn't help it, but at least made a new post :-[)

What's with all the parallel parking along the dirt road along the tailgaiting area? This is in front of all those parking down in the ditch. Leaving the game going north from the Pride lot, there were people going towards the stadium (room for only one lane) even an SUV almost tipped over in the ditch. Hopefully they figure it out before the big games.

Comment

I was not able to attend the Valpo game but glad to hear they repaved the area under the grandstand!

Comment

The TV's were up at the concession stands. Looked good. Your able to beat the rush and not miss the action.

Another job well done.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
          The TV's were up at the concession stands.  Looked good.  Your able to beat the rush and not miss the action.

Another job well done.
          I too noticed it and was very impressed. I hope the same happens at Frost. One thing that would make it better would be to provide audio of WNAX to go with the monitor.

Comment

It really is a great football stadium. And it's going to get better as fall approaches.

A brisk mid-50 degree sunny Saturday in October is a great day. It's even better when its at Coughlin.

The updates move us forward. It's too bad the Wellness Center couldn't have been built a number of years, and chair backs could have been on the east side by now.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Agreed...CAS is a beautiful venue for football, natural grass on the edge of town/campus. Night games and tailgating are wonderful additions to enhance the atmosphere and upgrade the program to D1AA levels.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

I too noticed it and was very impressed. I hope the same happens at Frost.  One thing that would make it better would be to provide audio of WNAX to go with the monitor.

Excellent Idea

Comment

As many fans as I saw standing on the south side under the scoreboard maybe it's time to put permenent or temporary seating in that area. With a crowd of just under 11,000 it seemed very full. Also a lot of people tend to like to sit on the north end zone.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                    As many fans as I saw standing on the south side under the scoreboard maybe it's time to put permenent  or temporary seating in that area.
                    I know alot of famlies with small children (i.e. 2-5 yr olds) like to hang out down in that area, so the kids can run around a little and not bother people in the stands.

Comment

The additional stands are something I have wondered
                      about for a while now. Has anyone heard, though, if there is any kind of major stadium renovations in the works that would make doing so a waste of money? There are rumors out there, but I have NOT heard or seen any proof or print to substantiate those rumors.
                      P.S., this is NOT an attempt to start OR perpetuate rumors!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X