Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forever Facilities

Dear Jackrabbit Fans-
    It looks to be a decent week here in B-town, yet I fear with temps falling, our dear boys will be without a place to practice.  Lets face the facts,  Frost area is no place to practice football on those teeth chattering snowy/wet days.  Before we think about boosting our scholarships to 63, we need a build a stabling home for the boys.  I believe that the greatest recruiting asset will be a indoor field house, no questions asked.  When recruits come to visit SDSU they don't see the free ride, they see a place they will call home for the next five years.  SO please pledge your concern/support to the AD about facility improvements.

Also, it should be noted that this isn't the only facility in need of improvements/creation, have you guys seen the track??  In my opinion the place should be condemed.

Re: Forever Facilities

Scholarships first and add and upgrade facilities along the way IMHO.  RRabbit you will like the Athletics Master Plan, trust me on this one. By the way, welcome to the board and thanks for posting.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Practicing outside on the cold days is really not that bad. It's part of football. You get used to it pretty quick. Also, practicing outside all week when the game's going to be outside that Saturday is a necessary part of preparation.
      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
        Practicing outside on the cold days is really not that bad.  It's part of football.  You get used to it pretty quick.  Also, practicing outside all week when the game's going to be outside that Saturday is a necessary part of preparation.
        I agree 100%. It never bothered me either. It makes you tuffer. As a football player, if you can't handle a little cold, I'm pretty sure you should switch to tennis, mini-golf, or even baseball (they call of games if it sprinkles a little ya know).

Comment

While I anticipate some facility upgrades, I don't think that the football players should be practicing in frost all winter and spring.
          I just can't fathom to wait 10 years for a field house, to be an effective recruiting tool, we need it done within our probation period. Not only will football generate more respect from prospects, but everyother sport that isn't getting scholarship upgrades will see a ripple effect on recruiting.

Comment

Practice how you play. Most of our games are outside, that's how we should practice. The list is long for upgrades and the program is on it's way. I've been impressed so far.

Comment

Don't forget the crappy locker rooms.  It is somewhat embarrassing to know that high schools in this state and around the country have better facilities than SDSU.  They also need new fly tape. HAHA

Comment

The facilities are needed and indoor practice facility had been talked about. I have no idea where it is in terms of priorities and projects.

Scholarships are as 89 rabbit mention what the top priority is now. Fred Oien AD said at the last Jack meeting that if the football staff could raise the extra money or if others would come forward with the cash for the extra scholarships, he would not stop them from being stepped up and maybe ahead of schedule in the transistion plan.

We can talk here on this thread about all the things we need, but we should not be afraid to sit down and write a check to help out.

It is my understanding, you can designate how you want your donation credited, as to scholarships or facilites or any other purpose. I believe if its undesignated it goes for scholarships.

It will most likely count towards bb seating priority and will be tax deductible up to 80 per cent.

Here is your chance to play Ralph Englestad and tell your alma mater how you want your money spent. ;D :

Comment

There is no money for facilities. But, once FB hits 63 scholarships and can get some "money" games from bigger schools there will be more money availalbe for facility upgrades. Plus there will probably never be a football only indoor facility. Too many Title IX issues, so any indoor practice facility would probably benefit baseball, softball, and tennis as well.
                  I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
                    There is no money for facilities. But, once FB hits 63 scholarships and can get some "money" games from bigger schools there will be more money availalbe for facility upgrades.  Plus there will probably never be a football only indoor facility.  Too many Title IX issues, so any indoor practice facility would probably benefit baseball, softball, and tennis as well.
                    Thats precisely the point, no money. I, however directing the point about the check writing towards those who wonder when these things are going to happen. . They can make it happen if they care that much.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                      Practicing outside on the cold days is really not that bad.  It's part of football.  You get used to it pretty quick.  Also, practicing outside all week when the game's going to be outside that Saturday is a necessary part of preparation.
                      FYI---The Jacks practiced inside earlier this week @ the Swiftel Center ??? I am sure it was because of the rain though.

Comment

We had the occasional practice in the HPER when it snowed a ton. m11 or Catch-em-all may be able to help me out on the number of times that happened. But, I remember it being less than 5 my entire career. And most of those were Friday walk-thru practices.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I recall maybe 2 practices in the Frost and 1 was in preparation for NDSU crowd noise. Had music, etc. blasting through the distorted speakers at Frost. We practiced outside in all conditions with the exception of lightning, then we would wait it out in the lockerrooms until it passed and then proceed w/ practice.

Comment

Halloween weekend 1991, the weekend of the big ice storm that hit the upper midwest.  We were outside on Friday afternoon for our walk thru in -40 wind chills "preparing for the conditions". And all games that weekend were subsequently cancelled anyway.

Less than a handful of in season practices were ever moved inside. Spring ball you just moved days until you ran out of days to use.

IMO, an indoor facility would get minimal use by the FB team during the season mostly because most games are out doors, so you practice in the conditions you play. In the early spring, FB would have to split time with baseball and softball (before their seasons started) for practice time anyway, so an indoor facility would still create scheduling problems (just my opinion).  I'm not saying I don't think an indoor facility would be beneficial, I just think money can be put to other uses right now and help programs other than just football. That coming from a FB alum.
                            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Man--fella's chill??

All I stated was that the team practiced inside this week under a Facilities thread---

As I see posted on here often, WE are D-I now. It's not D-II!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X