Weeks 6 and 7 Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weeks 6 and 7 Predictions

Most of the Great West teams have a week off either this week or next resulting in just three games involving conference teams over two weeks.  As a result, I am combining the schedule and suggesting that you make all of your predictions for the two week period this week.  If you prefer to wait to make your prediction for the one game on the15th that is fine.

There are the games.

October 8:

Davis at SDSU
    NDSU at Cal Poly

October 15:

Southern Utah at Davis

Re: Weeks 6 and 7 Predictions

Suggestion for maybe week 7 add some other games. Since the GW only has one game. Kind of weak only having one game I got ground to make up...

Comment

Making up ground; isn't that USD's motto---I gotta catch the Jacks!....

I would be in favor for a few other games---maybe GA Southern, Montana, Texas St.

Since we still play or have played these teams!

Comment

I agree, put some other D-1AA schools that remain on our schedule for these two weeks. This picking is for fun anyway and only picking two or one game a week won't be fun unless you add more games to pick from.

Go State ;D ;D ;D
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Thanks for the input. By popular request here are some more games to pick this week. I will add more for next week later.

Davis at SDSU
          NDSU at Cal Poly
          Montana at Idaho State
          Texas State at SE Louisana
          Western Carolina at Georgia Southern
          Valpo at St. Joseph of Indiana

Picks are due at noon Friday.

Have fun!!

Also provide input on the proposed basketball projection competition I described on the Basketball board.

Comment

this week:

*UCD @ SDSU  I have to pick the Aggies

*NDSU @ Cal Poly  this is an upset pick.  both teams were evenly matched last year.

Oct. 8

SUU @ *UCD

Here are my picks for the new games:

*Montana  at  Idaho State

*Texas State  at  SE Louisana

Western Carolina  at  *Georgia Southern

*Valpo  at  St. Joseph of Indiana

Thats predicting a lot of road wins, but hey if NDSU can do it why not the others?  Looks like a good week of football and a great chance for the upset.

Comment

This is a reminder to make your picks. Note that as some of you suggeted, I have added some extra games this week. Predictions are due by Friday noon.

Comment

Here are the predictions for week 6.  The only concensus selections are Georgia Southern ove Western Carolina and Texas State over SE Louisana.  I was surprized at the support Idaho State received aganist Montana.  

Rabbit74..................      Davis.......NDSU.......Montana.....T St.....Ga Sou.....St. Joe
                Kid Dakota...............      SDSU......Cal Poly....I State.....T State.....Ga. Sou.....Valpo
                USDSU....................      Davis.......NDSU.......I State.....T State.....Ga. Sou.....St Joe
                Mitchell...................      SDSU......NDSU.......Montana.....T State.....Ga Sou.....Valpo
                Jacks-Backer............      SDSU......NDSU......Montana.....T State.....Ga Sou.....St. Joe
                Footballfan...............      SDSU......Cal Poly.....Montana.....T State.....Ga Sou.....Valpo
                NorCalJack................      SDSU......Cal Poly.....I State.....T State.....Ga Sou.....St Joe
                MilwaukeeJacks Alum...      SDSU......NDSU.......Montana.....T State.....Ga Sou.....St Joe
                SDSU/BHS-Fan...........      Davis.......NDSU.......Montana.....T state.....Ga Sou.....St. Joe
                Jacks99.....................      Davis.....Cal Poly.....I State.....T state.....Ga Sou      
                SiouxFallsJack............      SDSU......Cal Poly.....Montana.....T state.....Ga Sou.....St Joe
                JBB...........................      Davis......NDSU.......Montana.....T. St.....Ga. Sou.....Valpo
                West River Jack.......,,,      Davis......Cal Poly.....I State.....T State......Ga Sou.....St. Joe

Comment

It was a great week for the Jacks (glad I was wrong). MilwaukeeJacksAlum has tied SDSU/BHS-Fan for the best prediction record for the year at 84 percent. Sioux Falls Jack was the only person with a perfect record this week

Predictor..................Week %.......Year %......Predictions..... Right Pickx

MilwaukeeJacks Alum
                  ------------------------83------------84----------32----------27
                  SDSU/BHS-Fan
                  ------------------------67------------84-----------32----------27
                  SiouxFallsJack
                  ----------------------100------------79-----------14----------11
                  NorCalJack
                  ------------------------83----------- 78------------32----------24
                  Mitchell
                  ------------------------67------------75-----------32----------24
                  Jacks-Backer
                  ------------------------83------------75-----------32----------24
                  Rabbit74
                  ------------------------67------------72-----------32----------23
                  Footballfan
                  ------------------------83------------72-----------32----------23
                  Jacks99
                  ------------------------60------------71-----------31----------22
                  Rabbitlivinginverm
                  ---------------------------------------69------------32---------22
                  West River Jack
                  ------------------------67------------67------------9------------6
                  Kid Dakota
                  ------------------------50------------63-----------32----------20
                  USDSU
                  ------------------------50------------63-----------32----------20
                  Bison Mike
                  ---------------------------------------60------------15-----------9
                  JBB
                  ------------------------50------------58------------14-----------8

As a group, we have a 72% accuracy rate.

I have a picked a group of games for the coming week that all have a team SDSU will be playing in the future. They include Missouri Rolla, Delaware, Northern Iowa, Montana, Georgia Southern, as well as the lone Great West game, Southern Utah against Davis. The list will be up tomorrow.

Comment

thats a lot of hard work 74. each of those rabbits should donate a buck. winner take all at end of season.
                    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
                    www.gsufans.com

Comment

I would agree with the monetary award (until I fall out of first place - then it's a bad idead).
                      "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

GSUsTalon, it is really just a lot of fun and its is going to be partcularly fun when everyones pick of SDSU over Georgia Southern is correct!!!!

Comment

Well that's not very nice 74.

A lot depends on this GSU/Appy game that’s coming up.
                          This is an ugly game especially if held in the stump buster’s trailer park. Two years ago they won at home tore down their goal post, carried it out of the stadium, ran it through our teams bus windows,& then proceeded to stomp on the teams pizzas. Did you ever here about that incident on ESPN????...NO. Smacks over cover up.
                          Well I digress- If GSU wins this game & the temp in South Dakota is above 50 then chalk a big win up at sdsu for GSU. Now if GSU looses the Crappy State game, well then, GSU will still take the day at SDSU but you’ll keep the game close through the first half.The Crappy game will be a good indicator on how the new QBs have progressed.
                          Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
                          www.gsufans.com

Comment

Working...
                          X