Home Refs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Refs

Does anyone know who we get for refs for home games?

It sounds like NDSU uses the Big 10 Refs.  I'm starting to wonder if we need to pay a bit more for better officials?  

Two huge bad calls with the official right there watching this week. The no call in the endzone when J. Davis got mugged and the penalty on the perfect tackle on the punt returner for Davis. The Jacks defender coulnd't have done it any better.

Re: Home Refs

The NCC still provides refs for SDSU. That is SDSU's choice.

Comment

I thought those guys looked familiar.

Comment

Not to argue here, but.........

The mugging in the endzone was a terrible non-call.

However, the punt return play in question happened right in front of me, and unfortunately I agree with the referees flag. It was clearly catch interference. I think you have to give them a "halo", even if they don't give a fair catch signal...........?

Comment

Not sure on the rules. It just seemed he didn't tackle till he caught the ball and was a few feet away. I was on the 50, but thought it was a good angle.

If they are the NCC refs, then it doesn't surprise me too much.

Comment

To my eyes, he was tackling him just as the punt arrived. Questionable call but not as bad the the endzone interference.

The bigger ? call was on the 55 yard FG attempt at the end of the half. I would like to see the tape and see just how bad a hold there was.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Really makes us appreciate our new Scoreboard/instant replay :-/

Comment

Somebody is going to have to check the rules on this but I don't believe the Halo rule is in effect any more.

Comment

I don't believe it is in college?

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
                    Somebody is going to have to check the rules on this but I don't believe the Halo rule is in effect any more.

Its in place in the NFL and got called last night. One of many bad calls against the Steelers even with replay. Ward was never touched, halo my butt on that punt, and what interference on Pittsburg? No, I'm not a Steelers fan, I favor the Redskins.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
                      It still is, just worded slightly different. From -2005 NCAA rule changes

Rule 6-4-1-a
                      Interference With Opportunity. Changes this section, which is intended to protect the
                      player retuning a kick from “touched by any player” to “muffed by any player.”

Rationale: This protects the player receiving the kick in the situation where he does not
                      cleanly catch the ball. This change allows him the opportunity to field the punt.
                      What exactly it means, I don't know, but I have seen it called against one of NDSU's opponents this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X