Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ONLY Problem With The UC-Davis Game....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ONLY Problem With The UC-Davis Game....

After the game, it would have been quite a gesture if the team had come over to the sidelines and acknowledged the crowd who cheered for them so hard (and I believe hepled them win the game). They just seemed to walk off the field. Many in the stands, just longingly watched them walk away as they did.

Woulda been a nice "thanks for comin'" thing.

Re: The ONLY Problem With The UC-Davis Game....

Originally posted by CapnCat
    After the game, it would have been quite a gesture if the team had come over to the sidelines and acknowledged the crowd who cheered for them so hard (and I believe hepled them win the game).  They just seemed to walk off the field.  Many in the stands, just longingly watched them walk away as they did.

Woulda been a nice "thanks for comin'" thing.

Well, I have played in hundreds of sporting contests and watched thousands of others. I have never seen or heard of anything like what you are suggesting. What do you want them to do, throw roses or blow kisses? I'm just not sure what you want, or why you want it.... ???

Comment

I agree. I thought the players could have at least pumped their fists toward the crowd or something on their way back to the locker room.......

Comment

Especially since every 3rd down or kickoff they are requesting the crowd to cheer, as if they can't play without them. Since the crowd responded, at least acknowledge it. Make them a bigger part of the game, even after and they will cheer even more next time.

Comment

I have seen schools that acknowledge their fans after the game and I'll say its kind of neat.

The whole deal with waving them to cheer on 3rd down is a bit ridiculus. Go see some games in other stadiums. The teams don't have to wave to get their fans to cheer at the big moments, they know enough to stand and cheer when its time.

If we want to compete with the Bison our fans need to get as rabid about the Jacks as theirs are. Both with their cheers and their money.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit_FB_Alum

Well, I have played in hundreds of sporting contests and watched thousands of others.  I have never seen or heard of anything like what you are suggesting.  What do you want them to do, throw roses or blow kisses?  I'm just not sure what you want, or why you want it....   ???
            Actually i have seen more and more this year when the whole team will meet in front of the student section or band and lead a cheer (or fight song) at the end of the game.  I don't think it is or should be required or expected, but it is kind of cool.  

I thought it was a neat gesture on the part of a few of the UCD players, number 26 their DB especially, he was talking trash with Josh Davis on the field and our crowd on the bench the whole game. When they started to come back in the fourth quarter it got even worse. However, after the game as they walked off the field a couple of our shirtless students were really letting him and another player have it and they tipped their heads and smiled to them as to say good game and SDSU deserved to win. It's nice playing classy teams who know a good game when they play in it.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

You must be living in a cave and leave before the last play. See the other posts, Chumley.

:

Originally posted by Rabbit_FB_Alum

Well, I have played in hundreds of sporting contests and watched thousands of others.  I have never seen or heard of anything like what you are suggesting.  What do you want them to do, throw roses or blow kisses?  I'm just not sure what you want, or why you want it....   ???

Comment

After the game almost all the UCD players came over the the stands and thanked the band and their fans. It was a nice gesture and creates an even greater bond between the team and those in support. I think the Jacks could do a better job of this in all their sports. At Frost security never allows a single person on the floor even after huge wins like those in the region championship. It takes away from the college atmosphere.

I'm not advocating tearing down the goalposts but big wins should be celebrated in big ways.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Well fellas, I stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by CapnCat
                    You must be living in a cave and leave before the last play.  See the other posts, Chumley.

:
                    No he is the kind of fan who doesn't show up to support his alma mater when he doesn't like the stadium they are playing in!

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII

No he is the kind of fan who doesn't show up to support his alma mater when he doesn't like the stadium they are playing in!

I'm not a fan. I'm part of the family..........

Comment

I'm sure your family appreciated your blowing off the reunion!

Comment

One of the greatest things to watch is after University of Tennessee home victories is when the team gathers on the sideline to sing "Rocky Top" with the band and students.  I still remember highlights of Peyton Manning after his last home game leading the entire crowd after the game.

We talked about partaking in "Ring the Bells" after home victories when I was playing and coaching for the Jacks, but it never took off.  It's a great gesture to those who support you on the field.

I always waved to my mom and dad if that counts.

Oh, one more post script...I'm a part of the family as well, but don't be hatin' on me. (the Jacks FB family that is, not FB_Alums family)
                          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                            I'm sure your family appreciated your blowing off the reunion!

If not coming to 1 game at a crappy venue makes me a bad person in your mind then so be it. If you have more to say to me on this issue, take it to PM's. I don't think anyone else on this board really gives a rip about what you are saying to me (and neither do I), so spare them the trouble of reading it.

Comment

Won't waste the time or energy. Your post says it all.

Comment

Working...
                              X