Marty Kranz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marty Kranz

Stig said during the radio show that Marty was injured the first day of practice and is very likely to be out all season. That makes our linebacker group alot more inexperienced....

Go Jacks !!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Re: Marty Kranz

I also noticed that Dan Jackson (LB) is no longer listed on the roster. He really impressed me during the spring game. Anyone know what happened to him?

Comment

Sounds like from Stig that linebacker and tight end are the two areas where we lack experience. Some of younger guys are going to have to step up. Those two positions have been a strength the last couple of years. Sorry to hear Kranz has gone down. He did not get much playing time last year and I'm sure he was chomping at the bit!

Comment

Wow, that's a tough blow guys! It's horrible to lost a projected starter this early in the season, if it's true. Looks like a med redshirt for Kranz.

Comment

Originally posted by footballfan
          Stig said during the radio show that  Marty was injured the first day of practice and is very likely to be out all season.  That makes our linebacker group alot more inexperienced....

Go Jacks  !!!!!!

This hurts. I was really looking forward to watching Marty play this year. He should go ahead and request the med redshirt if the injury is significant. Who will fill his shoes?
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Linebacker will be a little thin this year. Some of the freshmen will probably have to play.
            Dan Jackson quit because of a continuing injury problem.
            Travis Devine also left school to play baseball somewhere else.
            The Jacks are down to 85 healthy players right now..

Comment

what is Marty's specific injury?
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

that's too bad about Marty. I know his family pretty well. I'm sure they were really excited to see him play this year especially with all the home games SDSU has this year. It's a short trip for them from H20town.

Comment

SDSU's Kranz sidelined by hamstring injury
                  By the P.O. Sports Staff
                  Friday, August 12, 2005 9:14 AM CDT
                  http://www.thepublicopinion.com/arti...s/sports01.txt

BROOKINGS - Junior linebacker Marty Kranz of Watertown aggravated a leg injury in the first fall practice for South Dakota State University's football team.

The Jackrabbits are holding two-a-day practices as their prepare for their season opener against Wisconson-LaCrosse on Saturday, Sept. 3 in Brookings.

Kranz injured his hamstring and is questionnable for the season, according to head coach John Stiegelmeier.

"He may come back and be available on a limited basis," said Stiegelmeier.

Kranz started as a freshman for the Jackrabbits, but lost his starting job last season - SDSU's first in Division 1AA.
                  We...ARE...STATE!
                  SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Was Marty slated to get playing time this year? I know he started the Cal Davis game last year and never saw significantly playing after that game as they sought to get more speed on the field.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
                      Was Marty slated to get playing time this year? I know he started the Cal Davis game last year and never saw significantly playing after that game as they sought to get more speed on the field.
                      Here is Chris Kelly's take on his potential role:

Marty Kranz, LB, South Dakota State. Marty Kranz isn't in the worst position in the world. If you're going to step in to a starting role, and are surrounded by eight returning starters, life isn't too bad. However, trying to replace Chris Coauette is where the complication begins. Coauette was the emotional, and playmaking leader of the South Dakota State defense last season, and will be a huge loss on that side of the ball. He was the rock in the middle of inexperienced defense that had its moments of growing pains. As his defense grew up last season, the Jackrabbits confidence and play improved. If Kranz can step in and make an immediate impact he can certainly soften the blow of losing Coauette. His play this season will be instrumental in seeing if the '05 Jacks can seriously entertain conference title aspirations.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Marty says he's coming back...he thinks 3 weeks.

The problem with hamstring injuries is the unpredictability of the recovery period (and whether, for some athletes, they ever completely recover).

Comment

Totally agree. He is flying all over the field making plays.

Comment

From the sounds of it (and I hope to make it "looks of it" soon) Marty is doing us ex-#50's proud. It's good to see him bounce back after a rough season last year and a tough fall with injuries.
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Marty moves faster sideways than most move forward. He did some sprinting on the high school track team at Watertown. Great kid.

Comment

Working...
                              X