• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottom Line Week 7

http://greatwestfootball.collegespor...102005aaa.html

Click on above link to view the bottom line week 7

Re: Bottom Line Week 7

Chris is off by 1 point. SDSU wins 48-10, see my previous post.

NDSU will beat UCD if they get pressure on the QB. That will depend on good secondary coverage which is one of the Bison's greatest weaknesses.

I give SUU a shot against a bad UNC offense.

Cal-Poly will handle Montana unless they come out flat. I think I have to pull for Poly and an eventual playoff birth for a GWFC team.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
      I give SUU a shot against a bad UNC offense.

Jackmd: UNC has a bad offense??? Are you kidding me? We have the conferences' number one rusher, we are first in total offense (after only 5 games, and I believe SDSU is 3rd) we are 2nd in in the conference in passing offense. So to say we have a bad offense makes me think you're not paying that close to what's going on in the conference. Also, PSU head coach says that we had the most balanced offense they played (including Oregon State's).

Comment

Originally posted by uncbearsfan

Jackmd:  UNC has a bad offense???  Are you kidding me?  We have the conferences' number one rusher, we are first in total offense (after only 5 games, and I believe SDSU is 3rd) we are 2nd in in the conference in passing offense.  So to say we have a bad offense makes me think you're not paying that close to what's going on in the conference.  Also,  PSU head coach says that we had the most balanced offense they played (including Oregon State's).  
        Maybe I should have said it differently. My point was that SUU defense may be able to prevent UNC's offense from scoring 1 more point than their own offense. I suspect given SUU's schedule this year they can't wait for this game.

I wasn't referring to total yards from scrimmage. Last I checked you're 2-3 with a win over a DII team and something called Southeastern Louisiana. Western Ill's win over UNC might be their only one this year.

When it comes to scoring points, 14 and 17 the last 2 weeks hardly seems insurmountable for SUU. As for calling your offense bad, I retract that statement.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

As for calling your offense bad, I retract that statement.
          Good! I knew you were smarter then that. You are after all an M.D

Comment

Originally posted by uncbearsfan

Good!    I knew you were smarter then that.  You are after all an M.D
            That M.D. after my name in no way qualifies me as an intelligent individual outside of my profession. I owe that to the people I associate with, for whatever thats worth. ;D

Comment

IF UNC had any inkling of how to stop the run they would be very good. That offense is talented, even with Swanson playing.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris_Kelly
                IF UNC had any inkling of how to stop the run they would be very good. That offense is talented, even with Swanson playing.
                The NCO offense doesn't appear too talented in the box score. 2-14 on 3rd down conversions is miserable. SUU had 3 turnovers to NCO zero and still won. I don't think either of these teams is too good.

Comment

The NCO offense doesn't appear too talented in the box score.  2-14 on 3rd down conversions is miserable.  SUU had 3 turnovers to NCO zero and still won.  I don't think either of these teams is too good.
                  Remember, we are playing with our back up qb (a redshirt freshman) and we had 3 weeks off from playing any games. I think your offense would be a little rusty too. Still noe excuse, right now we aren't a very good team.

Comment

Working...
                  X