Average Attendence (so far)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Average Attendence (so far)

this is an alright number considering we have only played 2 D-IAA home games (and one AA school that just shouldn't count(Valpo) out of 5.. but the average should go up with the rest of the home schedule.

my hopes for attendence for the rest of the season
    - Georgia Southern (12,000)
    - Southern Utah (10,000)
    - Northern Colorado (11,000)

(*i cant wait for the NDSU game)

Re: Average Attendence (so far)

Ever the pessimist, I'd say you could cut those last two by atleast 3/4. November games never draw well, especially when you throw in one team that no one knows anything about and an average UNC team that never drew well when we played them in the NCC. That plus Hobo Day historically switches fans interest from FB to BB. I hope you're more right than I am, but my gut tells me you're gonna be way high on those last two.
    I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

It would be nice to get to a 10,000 person average this year. I think 12,000 is achievable for Georgia Southern, but don't know about the last two home games. Historically our attendence seems to dip as the temps do. I think the best part of our home schedule remains. If we can beat NDSU the last two home conference game could have a bearing on who wins the conference.

Comment

I would bet that we will be lucky to draw 4-5000 for those last 2 games also. Alot will depend on the weather. You can guarantee 2500 for each one but then several variables will come into play beyond that. One being weather and another being the possibility of sewing up a conference championship with a win over UNC.

Comment

thats why i said "my hopes". (boldfaced and underlined for this exact reason) but i do agree with you. i just like to hope big :P

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
            I would bet that we will be lucky to draw 4-5000 for those last 2 games also.  Alot will depend on the weather.  You can guarantee 2500 for each one but then several variables will come into play beyond that.  One being weather and another being the possibility of sewing up a conference championship with a win over UNC.  
            This is more of an accurate prediction than I would like to admit. It's pretty sad that attendence would slide that much with some potential great conference football still to played. We owe SUU a wooping after last years controversial loss and it would be nice to send UNC to the Big Sky with a loss. Athletic Department needs to get creative to avoid such a drop in attendence and loss of revenue. Not much home basketball in November that will conflict football.

Comment

The Georgia Southern game next weekend is HUGE!!

A win there sets us up for a decent chance at a 8-3 season (NDSU is gonna be tough on road, but we should handle SUU and UNC at home). An 8-3 record would possibly get us into the top 20 in the polls as our 3 losses would all be to top 10 teams.

I'll be dissapointed with anything less than 12,000 fans next weekend. I think we'll get alot more fans from Georgia Southern than any of the other visiting teams we've played this season. They have a tremendous program and are averaging over 16,000 a game for home games, gotta assume some of them will be here.

As for the SUU and UNC games, I hate to say it but the 4000-5000 will probably be closer than the 10,000-11,000. Hopefully we get some nice November weather and the numbers are higher, my guess on those games is 7000.

Comment

Here is a link to the NCAA's attendance numbers.  We are listed at the end for reclassifying teams.  We were ranked 37th nationally before the big Hobo Day crowd.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/...ATTENDANCE.pdf

Edit:
                Here is link for other attendance numbers.
                http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/Internet/...ttendance.html

Comment

Tough to predict past SU.  A win again GSU would help a lot.  Weather above 30 and dry is a must.

Right now the forcast for the GSU afternoon game is a high of 57 and breezy. If that doesn't change much, I think 12,000 is possible, but 10,500 is likely.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
                    Tough to predict past SU.  A win again GSU would help a lot.  Weather above 30 and dry is a must.

Right now the forcast for the GSU afternoon game is a high of 57 and breezy.  If that doesn't change much, I think 12,000 is possible, but 10,500 is likely.
                    I think a lot of people, including myself, will be making a trip to CAS for the GSU game that skipped the Mo Rolla game. They'll be about 10 of us from the Black Hills coming home for this game. My brother, his wife and a few a their friends are doing the same as well. I would guess that we'll have a pretty good crowd for this game.

Comment

I was surprised at the Hobo Day Crowd because I thought many driving from long distances would skip Hobo Day in anticipation of attending the GSU game. I think any crowd over 10,000 the week after Hobo Day will be a plus. I hope the students are out in force on Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                      X