Week Seven Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week Seven Predictions

The Jacks don't play this week and there is only one Great West game. So at your suggestion, I have selected some other games for you to predict. You may have to do a little more research then usual to get a feel for the teams involved. All of the games involve either a team SDSU will play yet this year or that is on the schedule already for a future year. Have fun. As usual, predictions are due by noon on Friday.

Here are the games:

Southwest Oklahoma at Missouri Rolla
    Southern Utah at UC Davis
    Richmond at Delaware
    Indiana St. at Northern Iowa
    E. Washington at Montana
    Georgia Southern at Appliacahian State

Re: Week Seven Predictions

While some of you would like to see an Appy win it is not a good choice. Appys are stump busters & evil.
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

Comment

Just a reminder to make your picks. No Jacks games this week but plenty of interesting choices on the others. See the list above.

Comment

Here are the picks for this week. The split votes were on our next two opponents, MU Rolla and Geo southern.  Three people picked SW Oklahoma to win and four picked App. State to win (that won't make GSUsTalon happy)   And, there are two votes for E. Washington one that I initially missed.  It is corrected now.

Rabbit74  
        ----------Davis------MU Rolla------Delaware------N Iowa------Montana------App. State
        Kid Dakota
        -----------Davis-----SW Okla------Delaware------N Iowa------Montana------Geo. Southern
        USDSU  
        -----------Davis------MU Rolla------Delaware------N Iowa------Montana------Geo. Southern
        Mitchell  
        -----------Davis------MU Rolla------Delaware------N Iowa------Montana------App. State
        Jacks-Backer
        -----------Davis------SW Okla------Delaware-------N Iowa------Montana------Geo Southern
        NorCalJack
        -----------Davis-------MU Rolla------Delaware------N Iowa-------Montana------Geo Southern
        SDSU/BHS-Fan
        ------------Davis-------MU Rolla------Delaware------N Iowa------E. Wash.------Geo. Southern
        Jacks99
        -------------Davis------MU Rolla------Delaware------N Iowa------Montana------Geo. Southern
        SiouxFallsJack
        -------------Davis------SW Okla------Delaware------N Iowa------Montana------App. State
        West River Jack
        -------------Davis------MU Rolla------Delaware------ind Sta------Montana------App. State
        MilwaukeeJacksAlum
        -------------Davis-----MU Rolla------Delware-------N Iowa-----E. Wash------Geo Southern
        Football Fan
        -------------Davis-----MU Rolla------Delaware-----N Iowa------Montana-----Geo Southern

A couple of regulars didn't get their picks in.  If  I get them before game time, I will add them in.

Be good to have the Jacks back on the list next week.

Comment

Well it  looks like we don't know our Atlantic 10 football very well. Delaware trails Richmond 20-10 with less than 3 minutes to go.  Everyone of us picked Delaware!!!

Comment

Georgia Southern 7
            Appliacahian State 24
            3:30 3rd

Watching this on Fox Sports and AP pretty mush has this game, GS just scored.

Comment

I don't know how Rolla did, but Montana and GSU both lose. Delaware, Davis and UNI win.

Comment

Missouri Rolla won 20 to 9.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

This was a week filled with upsets with Delaware, Montana and Georgia Southern all losing.  As a result as a group we were only correct in 53% of our picks.  Everyone missed at least two.  MilwaukeeJackAlum and SDSU/BHS-Fan continue to lead for the season at 82%.  They, along with Rabbit74 and Mitchell topped the week with 67%.

------------Year %----Picks----correct--Week %

MilwaukeeJacks Alum
                  -------------82.0%-------38------31-----67%
                  SDSU/BHS-Fan
                  -------------82.0%-------38------31-----67%
                  Mitchell
                  -------------74.0%-------38------28-----67%
                  NorCalJack
                  -------------74.0%-------38------28-----50%
                  Rabbit74
                  -------------71.0%-------38------27-----67%
                  SiouxFallsJack
                  -------------70.0%-------20------14-----50%
                  Jacks-Backer
                  --------------68.0%------38------26-----33%
                  Footballfan
                  --------------68.0%------38------26-----50%
                  Jacks99
                  --------------68.0%------37------25-----50%
                  USDSU
                  ---------------61.0%-----38------23-----50%
                  West River Jack
                  ---------------60.0%-----15-------9------50%
                  Kid Dakota
                  ----------------58.0%-----38-----22------33%

At the beginning of the season, we were looking to Georgia Southern being our toughest or second toughest opponent.  With the game just two weeks away, it may well be a toss-up.  We will have to see what happens this week before deciding which way to go on that pick next week.

I was a little asleep at the wheel and misposted two predictions this week. They were corrected later. Let me know anytime I get your predictions or recored wrong so I can update.

There seems to be enough interest to do this for basketball.  I will put out the first set of games next week. The first week will be all exhibition games, which should be a good time to get in a lot of correct picks for the start of the competition.  I will include all SDSU and NDSU men and women's games along with a few games of teams we will be playing over the succeeding weeks.  If there is any news indicating possible futre conference affiliations, we will move to games from that conference as the season progresses.  My goal is to have 10 games each week after the first week.  Games of interest are a little scarce the first week of November but I want to get us started to iron out any wrinkles and to see who all wants to participate..

Comment

I believe Delaware won:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxsco...&confId=19

Comment

Here is the USAToday's story on the game. With conflicting reports from two news services, I checked the University of Delaware sports home page which also says the Blue Hens of Delaware lost.  

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/score...CAAF145478.htm

• Summary  

October 15, 2005 Richmond, Va. Final

Delaware 10 Richmond 20
                       Final T
                      Delaware 10
                      Richmond 20

Summary Back to top
                      Richmond 20, Delaware 10

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Stacy Tutt ran for one touchdown and passed for a second Saturday, leading Richmond past No. 22 Delaware 20-10 in Atlantic 10 Conference football.

From the University of Delaware site

FOOTBALL: Tutt Leads Richmond to 20-10 Win Over No. 22 Delaware in Atlantic 10 Action
                      RICHMOND, VA (October 15, 2005) -- Richmond quarterback Stacy Tuff threw for 212 yards and a touchdown and ran for another score to lead the Spiders to a 20-10 victory over Delaware in Atlantic 10 football action Saturday afternoon at UR Stadium. Sonny Riccio scored the Blue Hens' touchdown on a six-yard run late in the fourth quarter. More...

There is something crazy going on with the ESPN site.  If I click on it several times, sometimes it comes up with Delaware winning and sometimes Richmond.  They must be correcting it and have two sites out there or something.

Comment

That is goofy. Sorry I didn't dig around more before posting that.

Comment

I was looking around for Ft Lewis' record on ESPN and noticed that they have USD undefeated. Man, I'm losing some respect for that site fast.

Comment

Working...
                          X