• Which GSU will show up in SD

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com...px?storyid=663
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

Re: Which GSU will show up in SD

Bring your mittens.

Comment

Things are pretty well set-up for next week. GSU was stumbling along and needed a big win over a lesser team on homecoming. Jacks were coming off a big win, bye week and started slow but put together a nice surge at the end of the game.

Now, GSU travels north to the soon to be "frozen tundra" of Coughlin Alumni Stadium with their vaunted run game and some overconfidence based on the blow-out win in GA last year. I can't blame them.

I like our chances to avenge another big loss from last year. True our D is vulnerable but when it comes to the run we are much improved as compared to last year. As for GSA, well the first line of the article says a lot:

Jayson Foster passed for a career-high 123 yards...

Passing is not the 1st, 2nd, or even 3rd option for GSU. I'm hoping for a good crowd (12K+), some cold weather, and a big Jackrabbit win.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Will it rain or will it just be cloudy & cold?

I can tell the Rabbitfans one thing.........South Dakota State will not be taken for granted. We will fear the playing conditions and your home field. We know that the Rabbits will try to avenge the game in Georgia.

Do you expect a large crowd on Saturday? I will be arriving on Friday. Looking forward to being back in South Dakota after 35 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglegus-2
          Will it rain or will it just be cloudy & cold?

I can tell the Rabbitfans one thing.........South Dakota State will not be taken for granted.  We will fear the playing conditions and your home field.  We know that the Rabbits will try to avenge the game in Georgia.  

Do you expect a large crowd on Saturday?  I will be arriving on Friday.  Looking forward to being back in South Dakota after 35 years.
          Our homecoming game yesterday drew 14,503 and we are averaging over 9000 a game. Alot depends on the weather but my guess is at least 10,000.

Does Georgia Southern generally bring alot of fans? I know they are consistently in the top 10 for home attendance, do they travel well?

As for game conditions, the forecast for next saturday is a high of 54 with rain showers.

Comment

I would expect a few hundred of the faithful Eagle Nation to make the trip. I for one, do not enjoy cold weather, so I will be listening on the radio.

We have had an up and down year all season. If the team that played Western Carolina or The Citadel shows up, you are in a lot of trouble. However, if the team that played down to Wofford and McNeese shows up, it could be a great day for SDSU fans.

A lot of GSU fans are still scratching their heads as to why our Athletic Director even scheduled this game. Especially for the Saturday before Furman (our biggest rival.) Does anyone know what the money situation is around these games?

Comment

The cold won't be an issue, the rain might be. Don't be too critical on The Citadel. They held Ole Miss to <30 yards rushing. In fact, going into last weeks game they were near the top of I-AA in rushing defense and we ran at will on them.
              I do expect a closer game this year. We had to replace our entire defensive line and middle linebacker from last year and one of the new starters tore a knee ligament against Chattanooga.

Comment

Not a chance. We took all those imposters out into the streets and shot them >

Comment

Working...
                X