Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14,503 at Hobo Day!!!!

great crowd!!!

I left 3 off because there were 3 people at the game wearing usdII shirts, and I know usdII doesn't count. (accurately) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Re: 14,500 at Hobo Day!!!!

No doubt, that's a great crowd. Wish I could have been there but I'll be at Coughlin next week vs. GSU.

We nearly outdrew USD 3 to 1 today. They had 5,817 in attendence.

Comment

The box score states the 4th highest crowd in cas history

http://gojacks.sdstate.edu/07sdsufb.htm

Comment

I see the actual count was 14,503.  I get very suspicious when round and even numbers such as 14500 are reported. Its often a guesstimation., but that was not the case at SDSU with turn stiles being use to do the count.

No doubt about its a very big crowd. I went to a wedding instead, but got to listen in between events etc.

Sounded like a great game at times.  The pass defense is still very much a big concern in my mind.  You have to give credit to the M-Rolla coaching staff and team in their preparation for this game. Putting 28 points on the board is evidence of picking our defense apart.

We seem to be so vulnerable on stopping those deep passes. UMR seem to have found our weakiness.

I am happy that the bench was emptied and many of these of the 2 and 3 deep guys got playing time. I fear it will be the last time for this year. The rest of the schedule will be brutal against GSU and the rest will be very competitive.

Comment

There were lots of people in CAS today. Standing room only in the south end zone underneath the new scoreboard. They could have gotten a few more people into the east bleachers, but I can believe the 14,503 number--a LOT of Jacks fans came out in the weird weather to ring a few cowbells.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Re: 14,503 at Hobo Day!!!!

I missed the game too. I have been fighting one hell of a cold all week. I'm glad there was a good crowd there.

Comment

When the Avera helicopter landed at the 50 yrd line and the Jackrabbit got out with the game ball the crowd went nuts.

Comment

It is also the largest Non-USDII football game in school history.

Go State ;D ;D ;D
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by DanceswithRabbits
                  When the Avera helicopter landed at the 50 yrd line and the Jackrabbit got out with the game ball the crowd went nuts.
                  That and the surprise sleet storm that hit just as the opening kickoff took place.

That was about as wild as I've ever seen it in CAS.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

The quarterback for Missouri Rolla has a gun for an arm. Our pass defense will need to step it up a notch or so or we will have some problems in coming weeks. Two of the pass plays we allowed their receivers to get behind us with nothing but open field ahead. That accounted for 140-150 yards of their passing total which went over 300. It is still tough to figure out how we can hold Montana to 7 points while allowing 28 to Missouri Rolla.
                    The day was very cold and windy (north wind). Maybe the weather affected us as much as it did them.
                    We will have to elevate our play to stick with GSU.
                    Go State!!

Comment

To be fair, one of those touchdowns came late in the game, and was not against the starters. I'm not sure how much the starting db's and corners where in this game, but I would be surprised if they were in the whole time. Does anybody know for sure how much the starting D was playing? We had only allowed Texas State over 20 pts for this season, I have a hard time believing the Missouri Rolla is capable of more points against us then Poly or Montana was.

Comment

Missouri Rolla scored their last touchdown against our 2s. The first 3 touchdowns were scored against our starters. One was scored right before half and then they hit an 80 yard pass play on the first series of the second half to pull within 24-21. At that point the crowd was not only numb from the cold but also the score. Both of their long pass plays were against our starters.
                        After this point early in the second half our ground game took over and Missouri Rolla had poor field position the rest of the third quarter. We took control of the game. Their punter is not very good and had to punt into the wind.

Comment

This has to be said about HOBO DAY. My family came down to visit, this was their 1st experience.They loved the experience.The parade, football game, halftime show, thePRIDE,and who can forget the ALUMNI BAND,they were very good .Does the alumni band get together often? THANK YOU to everyone who helped make this day a great experience for my family and for others. My family will be back next year they cant wait.The kids even stayed until half way in 3rd quarter and cheered all the time(SOMETIMES FOR WRONG TEAM BUT THEY HAD FUN). Things that need to be changed at HOBO DAY...........WEATHER ;D ;D ;D. One can wish cant they..

Comment

The last time the Alumni Band was formed was 5 Hobo Days ago. This year we had 80 march and 160 at the banquet. Not sure how often in the future, my guess is not every year, but maybe every 2 or 3.

Also worth noting that I'm sure Lincon's band was included in the attendance numbers. They came in to watch the Pride at half-time, then left to get ready for post game. That I'm sure accounted for about 400 more. I was expecting the number to be around 12,500 but I'm not totally shocked at 14,503. Was a great crowd, I was surprised that that many made the game.

Comment

It should answer the question as to who has the better fans. 14,503 SDSU fans at CAS in 45 degree weather with sleet/snow, or 5,817 at the "Dakota Dump" where it was 70 degrees.

It's a modification of what I've always said:

I'd rather be at a Rabbit Game,
                              A Rabbit Game,
                              A Rabbit Game.
                              I'd rather be at Rabbit Game,
                              than the #@$%&*^# Dakota Dome!

Let's put 15,000 cowbell carrying lunatics in the stands for the GSU game this weekend and avenge another loss from last year!!!

Go Rabbits!

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X