Stig's comments after the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stig's comments after the game

1. The team will have to be a lot closer to perfect next week against GSU.

2. Will work on focus and effort on every play.

3. Kardoes may not be able to go next week. After two weeks recovery, reinjured his ankle on the first series.

4. Very valuable minutes today for Berry and Burckhardt

5. Gave kudos to M/R quarterback as a fine athlete.

Re: Stig's comments after the game

Berry looked good after a shaky start. Burkhardt was fine as well. Both appear to be better passers than Kardoes.

Berry is pretty fast, too. No doubt Kardoes' experience will be missed, but both of those guys are capable replacements, and they may add some possibilities in the passing game. My biggest concern is Koenig's ankle. He hobbled off and didn't play after that.

Thank heavens GSU isn't a passing team. The pass defense was very shaky today.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
      Berry looked good after a shaky start. Burkhardt was fine as well. Both appear to be better passers than Kardoes.

Berry is pretty fast, too. No doubt Kardoes' experience will be missed, but both of those guys are capable replacements, and they may add some possibilities in the passing game. My biggest concern is Koenig's ankle. He hobbled off and didn't play after that.

I hope Koenig is okay...but, we do have two very capable backups in Watson and Hohn. I was also impressed with our two backup QB's. They got some good minutes today. Bring on GSU.

Comment

We're gonna need big games from both of them to keep Georgia Southern's offense of the field. We get 200 yds rushing and I think we win.

Comment

Originally posted by ex-jack
          Hey Watson is still the best back, now I heard he had some issues and it doesnt hurt that Cory has been doing a great job, but lets not forget watson could start for anyone anywhere, but he is here and he is ready to reclaim his role,
          and if not Hohn and Koenig are still very very good...
          No doubt about Watson being a great back. He has great power and seems to read his blocks really well. But I like how quick Koenig hits the hole...I think they make a pretty darn good combo....

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit

This works to our advantage. Most teams we play don't respect our passing game, and rightfully so. Because of this they cheat the safeties to the line for run support. The problem with this is that it leaves defenses vulnerable to the pass. While Jayson Foster will never be compared with Dan Marino, he gets better each week. He had only one incomplete pass last week.
            When defenses back the safeties off the line the option is open.

Comment

Originally posted by Killem
              This works to our advantage. Most teams we play don't respect our passing game, and rightfully so. Because of this they cheat the safeties to the line for run support. The problem with this is that it leaves defenses vulnerable to the pass. While Jayson Foster will never be compared with Dan Marino, he gets better each week. He had only one incomplete pass last week.
              When defenses back the safeties off the line the option is open.
              Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Comment

It should be a good game. If i remember right about gsu they like to use a lot of people to run the ball. I think they did that against the JACKS last year. They did it this year in their loss to appalachian state this year. My point they are not going to be able to bring everyone and the kitchen sink to this game. Cant take everyone on the plane . GO BIG, GO BLUE,GO JACKS

Comment

There are 4 running backs in GSUs running game
                  QB,FB & two slots.

What you saw/heard durring the Appy game was a lack of a running game and a break down in blocking >
                  Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
                  www.gsufans.com

Comment

I do realize that gsu uses 4 main rushers, here are some stats from appy state game .First gsu they used a total of 8 different players to run the ball 58 times this is how it breaks down. 39 times by Austin,foster for142 yds then 19/129 by 6 other players. Austin and Foster are almost equal in rushing this year,foster is their quarterback in case others didnt realize that. As far as passing goes out of 6 games i was able to look up foster passed for a total of 303 yds and 144 of those yds were in one game. Its going to be a tough game but the jacks will win. They can and will stop the run.. GO BIG, GO BLUE, GO JACKS

Comment

Working...
                    X