GSUsOptionAttack & HowToHuntSD Pheasant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSUsOptionAttack & HowToHuntSD Pheasant

A quick question to those that have viewed GSU’s Spread triple Option Attack. We’ve used it since 1984 played for 8 NCs and won 6 the past 22 years. A lot of people say you can’t run the triple option against today’s faster, more modern defenses & should drop the old beast in favor of a more modern west coast pass happy offense.  was wondering what you think?

GSUs "South Georgia Hunt'n Piece" read below
    Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
    www.gsufans.com

Re: GSUs Spread Option

Ill tell you this talon, it is positively the most frustrating offense to watch as an opponent. too many times i thought we had the outside strung out far enough and Foster would still get 7 yards. How many 3rd downs did we have converted on us?

Like they always say, all you truly need is 4 yards and a cloud of dust on every play...
    "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

P.S. tell uncle jesse i don't ever want to hear

"Move the chains...move the chains...thats another Georgia Southern...FIRST DOWN"

again, and have him take off those damn overalls.

But i did enjoy your crowd, they are very spirited.
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Uncle Jessi
        Bwha ha ha ha ha  ha  

I know many of the people that made the trip. Uncle Jessi runs the "Move the Chains" tail gate club. Your "Uncle Jessi" known to us as DOC  really does have money. He's got a 15 foot stainless steal grill and a circus sized tent for his tailgaters back in the Boro.
        My tail gate buds would have sat with him. Did you see any of the "Red Flag" tailgate before the game?

"Move the Chains' really does stick in your head
        doesnt it :
        www.gsufans.com

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979

"Move the chains...move the chains...thats another Georgia Southern...FIRST DOWN"

Please, I don't think anyone wants to see uncle jesse without his overalls on?

JBNJBQ

Comment

The GSU people I met at the tailgate were terrific. Many of our Georgia friends tasted South Dakota pheasant for the first time.

Comment

Some of the GSUers said they wanted to get a hold of those pheasants. Some said they wanted to go out and shoot them. South Georgia kids are trained on 12 guage, when they are 13 graduate to 10 gauge and when they are 21 there dads present them with the ultimate dear/water fowl gun...... but not sugested for Pheasant

why youll just have to read this and please scroll down!

"A Georgia Southern Man moves to Wisconsin"

http://www.buckstix.com/howitzer.htm

They're all the rage down in South Georgia

www.gsufans.com

Comment

Re: GSUsOptionAttack & HowToHuntSD Pheasant

Originally posted by GSUsTALON
                A quick question to those that have viewed GSU’s Spread triple Option Attack. We’ve used it since 1984 played for 8 NCs and won 6 the past 22 years. A lot of people say you can’t run the triple option against today’s faster, more modern defenses & should drop the old beast in favor of a more modern west coast pass happy offense.  was wondering what you think?

GSUs "South Georgia Hunt'n Piece" read below
                I may be the only one impressed with the triple option, but in order for that system work, you have to execute and you have to have the athleticism to do the execution.  Those pitch plays are so dangerous and I expected to see more of  them in the first quarter and was surprised when we seen the redundant dive by Austin, but if we can stop him, I guess this what you get. It kept the score going in your favor so why stop.

North Dakota State who in the early 1960's could not win a football game turned it around starting in 1965 and had a number of sucessful seasons. I believe Jim Wacker introduced the veer option which might be a little more predictable then the triple option. I am not a coach, but saw our Jacks get burnt over and over trying to defend the veer option. They too had athletes that could excute the veer option with precision. That helped a great deal.

NDSU abandonded the Veer a few years back and if you went over to www.bisonville.com and asked the Bison fans the same question there might be some who would probably argue that their abandonment of the veer was a big mistake.  UND in the late 1980's then the big rival of NDSU purposely built a defense system that was designed to stop the veer. This was several years ago and now UND is one of the top D2 programs based on their defense. So I dont have a hard and fast answer, but if you can find the people to execute the triple option and can roll up 500-600 yards a game, why fix something that is not broke? ???

If there is a let down of GSU over a year ago, I think it has to been on the defense side of the ball. I am sure your coaching staff is concerned and rightfully so, about the points given up to SDSU.

Comment

Meanwhile, out in the field, the pheasant hunting was great this afternoon, GSU Talon. Worked around the house fora while and then went out at about 3:00...picked up a limit of 3 roosters in nothing flat, the dog got some exercise, and back home in less than an hour.

Comment

I own a shotgun but never have used it. I am not a South Georgia dear man but I whould like to shoot some clay & try my hand at bird. You live on a large piece of land?
                    www.gsufans.com

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979

Hey jackrabbit1979 you must have sat close to me as I was only about 20 feet away for Jessi/Doc. I hope we can have a similar cheer heard throughout Coughlin in the years to come.

Comment

Take the cheer & run with it. Its cool how the fan base gets into it. Its really cool when you get all your fans to do it at one time!
                        www.gsufans.com

Comment

Originally posted by GSUsTALON
                          I own a shotgun but never have used it. I am not a South Georgia dear man but I whould like to shoot some clay & try my hand at bird. You live on a large piece of land?
                          No, just live in town. I drove about 10 minutes to some public land that is loaded with pheasants and I turn the dog loose.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

I may be the only one impressed with the triple option, but in order for that system work, you have to execute and you have to have the athleticism to do the execution.  Those pitch plays are so dangerous and I expected to see more of  them in the first quarter and was surprised when we seen the redundant dive by Austin, but if we can stop him, I guess this what you get. It kept the score going in your favor so why stop.
                            The first "option" in our attack is the fullback. In order for our offense to be successful, we have to have success with the fullback. This will get the defense to focus on stopping him and then the pitch will be open. As the quarterback gets the snap he reads to see if the fullback dive is there. If it isn't, he pulls the ball back and moves laterally to his next read, either the end or OLB. This determines if he keeps the ball or pitches to the slotback.

Comment

Working...
                            X