X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JD wins KDLT player of the week

http://www.kdlt.com/aotw.htm

Josh Davis

Two years into the division one transition, the South Dakota State football team continues to prove they belong at a higher level, and senior wide receiver Josh Davis is a big reason why. He's our Taco John's Athlete of the Week.

By Ryan Sweeter

Watch Video

"He's the whole package," said SDSU head football coach John Stiegelmeier, "He really is. He can run, he can catch the ball, he's a great leader, yeah, we'd like him 20 pounds heavier, but that's his genetics. His heart, it couldn't be any bigger."

Josh Davis puts his heart and soul into playing football for one simple reason.

"I love to play football, really,” said SDSU Senior Wide Receiver Josh Davis. "I love to compete. Even if I wasn't a wide receiver, I'd try to be a defensive back or something; just a way to compete. I've been doing it since I can remember whether it's baseball, basketball or football."

Good thing for Davis and South Dakota State , he chose football as his game, and wide receiver as his position.

"He is probably the best playmaker we have on offense," said Coach Stig, "So if we can get the ball in his hands running or get it to him in the flat and let him run or throw the ball down field, he'll make something happen when he gets the ball."

Davis already owns the Jackrabbit record for most receptions in a career, but he didn't get it by being selfish

Coach Stiegelmeier added "He is the definition of a team player. Josh Davis wants the ball so we win. He wants the ball so he can make plays to help us win. He doesn't want the ball so he can put one more catch on the career catches record. He wants to be a guy that helps us win football games."

And when he gets the ball in his hands, look out, this kid is tough to tackle, and he's not quite sure why.

"I don't know," questioned Davis , "I think it's just effort. Maybe I'm a little squirmy, a little squirrelly, kind of a worm kind of guy where I can bend and keep my balance in situations when other people might go down."

While he may not know exactly what makes him a great player, he knows without a doubt how he feels about playing football at South Dakota State .

"It's absolutely unbelievable," said Davis , "I'm in love with it. I could play football here the rest of my life and be a very happy person.

Re: JD wins KDLT player of the week

Well deserved. Truly will be missed after this year.

Comment

Re: JD wins KDLT player of the week

I will second that! Congrats and thanks, JD! ;D

Comment

Working...
      X