Southern Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southern Utah

Listening to Coach Stig on the Jackrabbit Report he said that Southern Utah will throw the ball all over the field. He also said that Andy is our starting QB if he is healthy enough to go. He did say Andy's progress has been slower then Andy would have liked. He also talked about SDSU's chance to win the Great West. He is looking for better fan support becasue "fan support is important".

Go State! ;D

Re: Southern Utah

I guess that's not the greatest news that Southern Utah throws the ball. Hopefully our db's will step up and our d-line will have their qb scrambling. No doubt that we need more fan support, I wish I could be there but there's no way I can make the 5.5 hour drive...I'll be listening....

Comment

I wont be able to go to the suu game either, i had to choose between the GSU game or suu. I went with the GSU, no regrets with this one. I have made every home game though. GO BIG. GO BLUE. GO JACKS.

Comment

Looking forward to the Southern Utah game. Three conference games left with a chance to win it!!! Get your friends and family together and support the Jacks. I'll be there with mine. Go Jacks!!

Comment

I'm also dissapointed to not be there this Sat, due to other obligations. I've been fortunate to have made all the other home games.

Hope to hear that the crowd is bigger than last week.

Looking for our offense to win this one, I'm not sold on our pass defense yet. Really need a win here to make the game at NDSU even more meaningfull.

Comment

Here is a link to the SUU press release about the game:

http://www.suu.edu/athletics/football/release.html

Go State! ;D

Comment

from what I gathered listening to the bison/s utah game last week is that s utah has some very physical recievers. Big dudes who go up and get the ball. Their running game wasn't much of a factor but the bison have been pretty good against it this year. Your hogmollies should be able to push around their d-line. Our radio guys kept commenting how their defensive front was not as physical as others we have faced all year. Good luck bunnies, we'll see you at the FargoDome next week.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonmike
                Our radio guys kept commenting how their defensive front was not as physical as others we have faced all year.  Good luck bunnies, we'll see you at the FargoDome next week.
                That's a good sign. The running game should be in high gear. Big receivers have hurt us a bit this year (Cal Poly). It'll help if we can keep the ball away from them by controlling the clock and field position.

Comment

Its Gameday!! Time to get fired up!!
                  Jacks by 14

Comment

About to jump in the car for the game. I hope we can stop the pass. If what I am hearing about SUU defense and stopping the run, we could be in the driver's seat, but if their passing connects, thats big trouble for us

I expect a shoot out 42-35 SDSU on top for a change.
                    We will not have the Utah oriented officals this year in Brookings so that should be factor for us. In other words the officiating should be at least normal and neutral, which it apparently was not last year.

GOOD LUCK JACKS.

Comment

Maybe I'm missing something but I'm not too concerned about SUU passing game....take a look at where SUU ranks in the GWC...

http://greatwestfootball.collegespor...tatistics.html

not all that impressive.

Comment

I expect us to dominate on the ground. Our O-line doesn't get enough credit on this board. Sure, our RB's are talented but the holes are also impressive.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd
                          I expect us to dominate on the ground.  Our O-line doesn't get enough credit on this board.  Sure, our RB's are talented but the holes are also impressive.
                          Our coaches and RB's are always praising the "fat guys," this may be one of our best offensive lines ever. But you're right, they don't get much love here.  And we get 3 of them back next year.

Comment

35 yard TD pass to JD!!!!!!!!!

14-0 SDSU 10 minutes left in 1st quarter

Comment

This is where we have faltered a bit this season. Lets put this team away well before half-time!!
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X