Kardoes/Berry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kardoes/Berry

Curious to hear everyone's opinon in the same thread.

I'm hoping that they start Berry if Kardoes isn't near to 100%.

I feel either one should give us a shot at winning out, but after Berry has proven himself and I don't see starting someone that is hurt and could easily get hurt worse again.

Re: Kardoes/Berry

I agree.  I think Berry has earned a chance to start the next game to see what he can do.  
    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

I hate to see a player lose his starting spot to an injury, but I believe Berry gives us the best chance to win.

Comment

I think both are excellent quarterbacks, but I think we have to go with Berry. We need to find a place for Andy also, he is to good of an athlete to not be on the field. Athletes like Andy need to be playing.....Just think Ryan has a little bigger up-side

Go Jacks !!!!!!!!
        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Berry's a gamer. I think he's going to be something special. I'd like to see what Kardoes can do at WR. He's big, fast, tough, and athletic.

Comment

How about kardoes playing on DEFENSE . He would be making big plays there .Who doesnt like to get a chance to hit someone. We already have a lot of good wr we need someone special to help on defense . Kardoes can be that man.

Comment

I don't know about him on D. He is a QB ya know. Anyway, I would like to see more Berry. We already have plenty off good RB's playing RB. We don't need a quarterback playing RB too. Give me a guy that can throw.

Comment

I haven't seen either kid play so I can't really comment. It's hard to say one guy should be playing over the other when all I have is this board, some eyewitness accounts, the argus and WNAX as reference points. However, I will say this. We've played 8 games this year and last week was the first time the opposing team said anything about our QB. Their coach was extremely complimentary towards Berry. It will be interesting to see how he does against SUU now that they have a week to prepare for him at QB. It will also be interesting to see if our running game benefits (as it should) from his performance against GSU.
                "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum
                  I haven't seen either kid play so I can't really comment.  It's hard to say one guy should be playing over the other when all I have is this board, some eyewitness accounts, the argus and WNAX as reference points.  However, I will say this.  We've played 8 games this year and last week was the first time the opposing team said anything about our QB.  Their coach was extremely complimentary towards Berry.  It will be interesting to see how he does against SUU now that they have a week to prepare for him at QB.  It will also be interesting to see if our running game benefits (as it should) from his performance against GSU.
                  Stig says Andy is the QB if he can go, so it's back to the incomplete 5-yard pass offense. Cripes.

Comment

That doesn't surprise me, but I hope he's close to 100% then.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                      Stig says Andy is the QB if he can go, so it's back to the incomplete 5-yard pass offense. Cripes.
                      Doesn't surprise me either, it would KILL Stig to win out the season or even just finish at or one game above .500, wouldn't it! When is he going to start playing his best players? Just a little frustrated over some of these decisions that really seem to have no common sense behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                        Berry's a gamer. I think he's going to be something special. I'd like to see what Kardoes can do at WR. He's big, fast, tough, and athletic.
                        I think that would be interesting, I'll give you that. However, could you imagine the possibility...no...the
                        electricity of a Josh Davis on one side, JaRon Harris
                        (aka Jaronimo ) with a QB like Berry who can and will hit those receivers? What a day that would be. ;D ;D

Comment

Originally posted by jharrisfan
                          Doesn't surprise me either, it would KILL Stig to win out the season or even just finish at or one game above .500, wouldn't it!
                          I'm a little confused about this statement ???

Comment

My vote is for Berry. Our RB's run the ball well. We need a QB who throws the ball even when he has to run. Kardoes filled in well in spots for a passing QB in Nelson, why can't he do the same behind Berry? I just think Berry has to start Saturday.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit_FB_Alum

I'm a little confused about this statement ???
                              It is MY OPINION that a decision that would lead to starting Andy Kardoes over Ryan Berry would be absolutely STUPID. It would result in more losses, I am confident. I do not know what Kardoes has over Stig's head, but starting him does NOT give the Jacks the best chance to win, and apparently Stig is alright with that. What other excuse could there be? It just confirms my belief that, for whatever reason, Stig cannot make decisions that will ever allow the Rabbits to get out of the +/- .500 bracket. That may be a bold statement, but look at our history...it has been that way for many years. This decision is a prime example of why. (again, assuming that is what he does). One thing can be sure, it appears SDSU will never have to worry about a decision to let a FB coach with a 9-3 record go...because we will never GET to a 9-3 record, or its equivalent.

Comment

Working...
                              X