Shame on you, Jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shame on you, Jacks

WTF is up with Jack players refusing to shake hands after the game tonight? Was the Bison blistering that bad? :-/ I've always thought SDSU was a class act--the fans on the sites in particular but I expected more than what I saw after the game tonight. Actually, I expected more of a game itself but that's for another thread. Not to be construed as smack, just a serious question, IMO ??? :-/ ???

Re: Shame on you, Jacks

I was at the game.  As the clock was running off the final few seconds and it was clear there was not going to be another play, NDSU's players stormed over to the Southwest Corner of the FargoDome and had a little celebration with the Dakota Marker.  Most of SDSU's team stood and watched for a few minutes and when it was clear the NDSU players weren't lining up to shake hands, most of the Jacks shuffled off.  A few, maybe 20 or so, and the coaches, stood and watched the Bison hoist the Marker into the air etc. and the Bison coaches came over to shake hands.  Then, a good percentage of the Bison players lined up to shake (but not all, some were still celebrating with the Marker.

Now, I report all of that because neither team did anything wrong.  As I was walking out of the Dome, a fellow Jack fan made a very similar comment as the one posted by ndsubison EXCEPT HE WAS CRITICAL OF THE BISON!  I said: hold on a second, NDSU was clearly the better team and the margin of victory was a pretty good measure of how much better.  Second, the NDSU players were delighted to get the Marker and their celebration was reminiscent of SDSU's celebration last year when the Jacks won the Marker.  I think the Jacks understood that perfectly.

Congrats Bison.  I was very impressed with your play on all fronts.  It's hard to imagine how the Bison lost some of the games they lost this year.

Nice game, nice crowd.  We'll see if we can get the Marker back next year.

Ndsubison: relax, buddy,...we were all treated to a heckuva football game and nobody did anthing wrong at the end. Good luck next weekend.

Comment

To illustrate my point, here's a link to the Bison's board showing the Bison hoisting the Marker in the air.  Some Jack fans were posting a similar picture from a year ago on the Bison board during the week.  

The Bison are well deserving of winning the Marker.  That's what was going on right at the end of the game and why most of the Jacks left the field.
      http://www.bisonville.com/cgi-bin/ya...8496;start=285

Comment

I had to leave at half because of another social engagement, so did not see the players at the end of the game. Thanks RonRabbit for explaining what happen. The Bison have reason to feel proud. I caught a comment on WDAY TV from two of the players who said they had thought about the SDSU game for nearly a year and wanted to set things straight, which they did tonight.

No doubt the Bison were the better team tonight. Also I think the Bison coaching staff were better prepared for this game. One of Bison assistants mentioned in the WDAY pregame show that they had looked at all of the SDSU tapes for this season and seen what we had done against UCD and Cal Poly and other teams offensively.  So I think NDSU seem to have our number tonight.  

I am glad the NDSU players did celebrate by raising the trophy this is what makes a rivilary and thats what both schools want and should play for. I sure our guys are disappointed with their performance, but I dont think they were snubbing NDSU, if the Bison players rushed over to the trophy as though it were a Nickel trophy, how should a defeated opponent react to that?  About the only thing you can do is walk off to the dressing room and say see you next year.

Comment

I didn't really see anything that was unsportsmanlike from the Jackrabbits after the game.
          What I saw-

Bison players ran across the field to grab the Dakota Marker

Brief pause, Bison coaches come out to shake hands with the Jacks

Some Jacks walked off afterwards as the Bison players were still celebrating

Some (most) of the Jacks stayed to shake hands with (most) of the Bison players, some Bison players still celebrating in front of student section

Then I left :-/

Comment

Originally posted by ndsubison
            WTF is up with Jack players refusing to shake hands after the game tonight?  Was the Bison blistering that bad?   :-/  I've always thought SDSU was a class act--the fans on the sites in particular but I expected more than what I saw after the game tonight.  Actually, I expected more of a game itself but that's for another thread.  Not to be construed as smack, just a serious question, IMO ??? :-/ ???
            Just enjoy the win. It guys like you with your nose in the air thinking your so much better in every way than someone else that perpetuates the arrogant stereotype. Imagine being a Jacks player watching NDSU celebrate after kicking your butt. You wiat to say nice job and when its time, you leave.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

Just enjoy the win.   It guys like you with your nose in the air thinking your so much better in every way than someone else that perpetuates the arrogant stereotype.  Imagine being a Jacks player watching NDSU celebrate after kicking your butt.  You wiat to say nice job and when its time, you leave.

I don't understand why you can say tha it's guys like me that have my nose in the air about a game like this. It was an honest observation/question on my behalf. It's a rivalry game. Of course the winning team is going to run over, get the trophy, show it off, and then go shake hands. We watched you do it last year. What's the difference? Take 5 and then shake hands. Not too much to ask. Don't feel too bad about eating crow. I've done it in the past and I'm still here.......

Comment

I was at the game, I didn't think the SDSU players did anything wrong at all. The Bison players sprinted across the field to get the marker. A lot of Jacks players waited for the celebration to calm down and then shook hands, some had left and some Bison players celebrated by the student section. I think the players acted with class on both sides of the game. Let's just enjoy the win and not read too much into these things. Good luck next week against UNC, kick their butts right out of the Great West ;D

Comment

Working...
                X