Adam Timmerman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adam Timmerman

T is a helluva player! Nuff Said. Get well soon!

News story from Yahoo News.

ST. LOUIS - The most revealing statistic for an offensive lineman is consecutive games played, so Adam Timmerman will not take lightly the probable end of his lengthy streak.

The St. Louis Rams' guard has been held out of practice all week due to a season-long buildup of injuries, and will not start Sunday against the Arizona Cardinals. Counting playoff games, he has made 89 consecutive starts dating to 2000 and played in 184 consecutive games dating to 1996.

"It's really our only stat, how durable you've been, how many games you've played in and stuff like that," Timmerman said. "It's kind of important but it's not that important that we should put it ahead of everything else."

Interim coach Joe Vitt said Timmerman would dress but would be available only in an emergency. Blaine Saipaia will get his fourth start of the season, at his third different position, while Timmerman hopes one week off will help him heal.

Timmerman underwent offseason surgery on both shoulders and a foot, and lately has been bothered by a back injury. An MRI exam indicated that there was no problem with a disc, and that rest and therapy would help.

Timmerman has been seeing a chiropractor and undergoing massage.

"They just kind of said we need to give you a rest so you can feel better, and I'm like I want to feel better, too," Timmerman said. "So we kind of came to an agreement."

Vitt said resting was the smart play, regardless of Timmerman's run.

"I think he knows his best interests and the team's best interests right now," Vitt said. "We've got to get him healthy and the only way to do that is to get him some rest and some treatment."

Saipaia started at right tackle in Weeks 2 and 3 while the Rams were getting first-round pick Alex Barron — who held out for much of training camp — up to speed. He also started at tight end in Week 5.

Vitt said the team values Saipaia's versatility, even though the average fan probably knows little about him.

"The more things you can do ..." Vitt said. "I really think he's best suited for inside and that's where he is right now."
Working...
X