Week 12 Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Week 12 Picks

Here are games for week 12. As usual, the picks will be posted at about noon on Friday.

Northern Colorado at SDSU
    UC Davis at Eastern Washington
    NDSU at Southern Illinois
    Weber State at Southern Utah
    Idaho State at Cal Poly
    Montana at Montana St

I received a suggestion to continue the picks through the playoffs to help us become more familiar with the rest of DI-AA teams. Please let me know if you are interested in continuing the competition. Perhaps we can declare a regular season champ and a playoff champ among the group. That would also encourage newcomers to get involved. Let me know what you think.

Re: Week 12 Picks

I like the idea of continuing into the playoffs. Most of the games are on TV and I can actually watch the games with an interest in a future opponent.

Unlike D2, where the only playoff game on TV is the championship game. If your school is not in the final, I would not watch it.

In D1-AA, most of the games are on TV, and I could see myself following the teams to the finals. It is also good to see some of the stadiums of other D1-AA teams and compare them to CAS.

I vote that we continue on. 8) 8) 8)
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Just a reminder that I will be posting this week's football picks shortly after noon tomorrow (Friday). I have to have everyone's picks in by then.

There has been some interest in playoff picks. If you are interested, please let me know that as well. We will do them as a "second season," that is keep a separate record for accuracy rather than adding them into the record if we do them. That will give everybody a common starting base.

Comment

The real fun comes in the 16 team, 8 bracket playoffs.
        15 picks and I want in to show you Dakota boys how its done Can you get the NDSU guys in on it?
        Georgia Southern Football - Out weighed, but seldom outplayed
        www.gsufans.com

Comment

We will be glad to have you GSUTalon. A couple of NDSU fans have participated some weeks. We welcome them back for the playoff competition. I will post the games as soon as possible after the pairing are announced and predictions will be due Friday noon before the games. You can e-nmail your predictions to me.

Comment

The week 12 picks are listed below.  SDSU and Cal Poly are unanimous picks to win.  Weber St. is a 11-2 pick over S. Utah, S. Illinois is a 9-4 pick over NDSU, Montana is an 8-4 pick over Montana State and UC Davis is a 6-7 pick against E. Washington.

Kid Dakota      
            --------------------SDSU------Davis--------S Illinois------Weber St------Cal Poly------Montana
            USDSU      
            --------------------SDSU------Davis--------S Illinois------Weber St------Cal Poly------Mt. St
            Jacks-Backer      
            --------------------SDSU------E Wash------S Illinois------Weber St------Cal Poly------Montana
            Rabbit74      
            --------------------SDSU------E Wash------S Illinois------Weber St------Cal Poly------Montana
            NorCalJack      
            --------------------SDSU------Davis--------S Illinois------S Utah U------Cal Poly------Mt St
            MilwaukeeJacks Alum      
            --------------------SDSU------Davis--------S Illinois------Weber St------Cal Poly------Montana
            SDSU/BHS-Fan      
            --------------------SDSU------E Wash--------NDSU------Weber St------Cal Poly------Montana
            Jacks99      
            --------------------SDSU------E Wash------NDSU------Weber St------Cal Poly------Montana
            Rabbitlivinginverm      
            --------------------SDSU------Davis--------NDSU------Weber St------Cal Poly------Montana
            Chris Kelly      
            --------------------SDSU------E Wash------S Illinois------Weber St------Cal Poly      
            SiouxFallsJack      
            West River Jack      
            --------------------SDSU------Davis--------NDSU------S Utah U------Cal Poly------Mt St
            Jacks02      
            --------------------SDSU------E. Wash------S Illinois------Weber St------Cal Poly------Mt St

This is the last week of the regular season except for the UC Davis-Northern Colorado game next week end.

There has been considerable interest in continuing through the playoffs so we will.  We will treat it as a new season with everyone starting off on the same level.  I will list the UC Davis-UNC game next week but it will count in the regular season standings.

Comment

With only one game to go, we have a three way tie for first among the prognosticators who picked all of the games for the year with NorCalJack, MilwaukeeJacksAlum and SDSU/BHS-Fan all correct 74% of the time.  Chris Kelly who picked just the Great West Games also ties on a percentage basis ar 74. Congrats to all four of you.

Jacks02 was correct on all 6 picks this week and Chris Kelly was right on all 5 of his.  Good job.

The only game left is the UC Davis-UNC game next week. UNC will be trying not to become the only team in the short Great West history to finish a year without a conference victory.

Next week will begin the "Second Season Predictions"  for the playoff games.  I will get the list up as soon as possible after they come out, which I think will be later today.

Season Record
              ----------------% Correct--Picks---# Wrong
              NorCalJack
              --------------------74------68------18
              MilwaukeeJacks Alum
              SDSU/BHS-Fan
              Chris Kelly
              --------------------74------50------13
              Rabbit74
              --------------------71------68------20