Refs....what a joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refs....what a joke

Does anybody else think that we've gotten screwed more often than not by the officials on our own home field? I've heard that they are old NCC refs, coincidence?

Re: Refs....what a joke

I gave my two cents on the UNC post concerning this.

They are not old NCC crews...they are NCC crews.

I dont think they are intentionally screwing us, I just think they can not keep up with the faster, harding hitting game.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
      Does anybody else think that we've gotten screwed more often than not by the officials on our own home field? I've heard that they are old NCC refs, coincidence?
      I thought the refs for the UNC game (particularly the referee himself) had some kind of attitude. It was kind of like major league umpires who have testosterone issues of their own, sort of forcing confrontations with players. The ref yesterday seemed to enjoy throwing flags for unsportsmanlike conduct. It was like he had a chip on his shoulder. Most of those confrontations could have been handled, in my opinion, with a conversation rather than a flag.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
        I don't know that we got any more bad calls than UNC did, but I do think there was alot of pretty bad calls. I don't know that I've ever heard a crowd boo the refs so many times at an SDSU football game. There was at least 2 or 3 times where the crowd really got on them.

The game got really rough in the 4th quarter, I think there were 4 personal fouls called in that quarter alone. Some of them probably could have been worked out without a flag, and the refs were pretty quick to throw them, but I think they were just trying to keep the game under control.

I guess to put it short. Yes the refs were a joke, but I think they were equally horrible for both teams.

Comment

I concur...

Comment

I also thought they were tough on both teams. A few more conversations with the players and they could have kept those yellow flags in their pockets.

Comment

The refs were a joke. But the good news is i just saved money on my car insurance. Those bad calls sure fired up the small crowd. I think even the players were sick of the bad calls, my OSCAR nomination goes to MIKE JAMES , for his acting innocent and throwing arms in the air and falling to the ground like a soccer player. that was some funny stuff.

Comment

I hope the Athletic department steps up and gets better refs, but if not, I guess that's the way it goes.

I listened off and on while deer hunting and the call that stuck out for me was the fumble when our WR reached for the 1st down. If the defender didn't have his hands on the ball or his arms, I don't see how that could be a fumble.

Comment

Just so no one takes my earlier comment the wrong way.My comment about mike james is not meant to be mean or disrespectful. I thought it was great and enjoyed watching him play.

Comment

Working...
                  X