The Helmet Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Helmet Project

The Helmet Project is looking for a little help. They are looking for current and past SDSU helmet logos. Anyone who is able please step up.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

COMMENTS

South Dakota State has made a slight helmet logo change for the 2005 season; the yellow letters "SD" in the logo now have both dark and white outlines around them, as is visible in the photograph below. I will need a copy of the new helmet logo in order to add the new helmet to the web site.

Information about other historical helmet designs for these teams would be greatly appreciated.

Go State! ;D

Re: The Helmet Project

Do you need photos? I know the helmet we had prior to the SD had an SDSU written out on a slight slant with an underline. I know I have some photos at home with the old look.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I am not affiliated nor have I ever even contacted anyone at The Helmet Project, but I think they could use your photos.  Here is the web address for The Helmet Project and other info taken from their site.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/Helmet_Project/

and an e-mail adress provided at that same site:

caulkgun@yahoo.com

How you can help!

I would especially appreciate your help in filling in the "missing" CURRENTLY-USED helmets for any college listed at this site. There are ***TWO*** things that I MUST have in order to add a helmet image for the missing teams:

1. As many photographs(NOT drawings!) as are necessary to show CLEARLY what the helmet looks like (usually no more than two are needed); and,
      2. A digital copy of the logo printed on the decal worn on the helmet (if there is one).
      Clear photographs (preferably in COLOR) are necessary so that I can accurately depict the size, placement, and orientation of the logo or numerals (if any) relative to the helmet shell itself. I cannot draw the helmet accurately from just a description, sorry; I MUST have a photograph to refer to. The only exception to this "rule" is if the side of the helmet is "blank" (with no decals); for those, a description of the helmet will suffice (i.e., "black helmet, red faceguard, no stripes&quot. I cannot use drawings of helmets in place of photographs; please do not send me drawings of helmets done by other people. I have no way of knowing if they're accurate or not; clear photographs are, of course, unambiguous.

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPH IF YOU'RE GOING TO SUBMIT ANY INFORMATION TO THE SITE!:
      By a "copy of the logo", I do not mean the same thing as a photograph that shows the logo on the helmet - I mean the logo as it would appear on a flat surface before being stuck on the helmet, as would be used on a media guide or a game program or a web page, etc. A "copy of the logo" will be a graphic image rather than a photograph, and preferably its color(s) will be the same as when used on the helmet
      .  .  .  .

If anyone can and is willing to help that is great please contact the folks at The Helmet Project, I am sure they would be greatful.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I remember seeing an old photo somewhere with Jacks underlined as a helmet decal. Our equipment managers should be all over this one. There has to be a guy with the football team that handles this sort of stuff.

Comment

Check with Tim Hewitt at the athletic department. He is the equipment manager for SDSU athletics.

GO JACKS!

Comment

I believe it is Tim Dewitt
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

You're right, it was the Jacks underlined, not the SDSU. I'm not old enough to have a failing memory already.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Jackrabbit1979 your right...I dont know why I didnt check the spelling. The number to the athletic office is 1-605-688-5625.

Comment

Somebody should give Tim a call. I know he has all that stuff and I'm guessing he would be glad to help with the helmet project.

Comment

A little less talk and a lot more action... ;D

Comment

Heck...I'll call him this morning and try to get him on board for this.

Comment

Working...
                      X