Moving on...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving on...

I'm as guilty as anyone, but lets move on to more positive things. I think we still have a lot of talent on the team despite losing this years senoirs.

For starters our offensive line will be returning three starters and a top sub in Deaver. Looks like our top rushing offense will remain tough, all the runningbacks are back.

D-Line should also be a bright spot with a lot of young players seeing alot of time this year and now with another year of spring ball and of-season workouts they should really dominate the line of scrimmage.

Re: Moving on...

I'm a little concerned with our DB's. We stuggled this year vs. the pass and we graduate a few starters. Anyone waiting in the wings?

Comment

I agree, hopefully we could pick up some solid juco's to bring some experience and speed into the secondary. I think Gentile could do a solid job starting next year. And the roster looks like it has some great athletes that redshirted this year, hopefully they'll be able to step up.

Comment

Sad to see some of the seniors go, but it is always a time for optimism for next year

I think our D-Line will be our stength, many times this year we had 3 freshmen and 1 soph playing. we have 2 red shirts that will be very valuable back-ups also. I think freshman Blackman and Rogers will be excellent db's. We still need a stud linebacker, have heard rumors of several transfers that may be coming to help the defense

Offensively I think Berry is the answer at QB. I think Andy will find playing time somewhere he is such a good athlete, I know he was recruited as a db by several schools before he chose SDSU. Our rb's are second to none with a couple of good ones coming up. Our OL will be as strong and as big as ever, they will get the job done. We have several excellent receivers. Both of our kickers are back

I am always guilty of being and optimist but......I get really excited looking at what we have coming for next year.....

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

I feel that kardoes would rock on defense . He would be able to lay out many a reciever, also he might be the one to really fire up others .Thats just my thought because we need help on the defense and some more seniors to help next year.

Comment

I think some of those extra scholarship should goes towards getting faster in the defensive backfield. I also expect us to look for more help at linebacker. We were very young on the defensive line and those guys will have an opportunity to get bigger and stronger. Ideally would like to have had Hank Goff redshirt as he was undersized but has a heart of a lion. I too think Brock Gentile will contribute next year. We have some tall fast recievers that are coming up throught the ranks.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
              I'm a little concerned with our DB's.  We stuggled this year vs. the pass and we graduate a few starters.  Anyone waiting in the wings?
              Kardoes maybe?
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

Kardoes maybe?
                That would be one big, tall safety. Actually, while I know Andy has talent and can be a decent QB, maybe he's better suited to play WR. He's big and tall and fast like some of the monsters we saw this year.

That said, I'd be perfectly happy if Kardoes can come back healthy and play all year like he did against SUU. If not, we have Ryan Berry and he's going to be pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum

Kardoes maybe?
                  1979 and I discussed this at the GSU game.  As stated before, he could also be a good WR.

Comment

Originally posted by OK_Jackrabbit
                    That would be one big, tall safety. Actually, while I know Andy has talent and can be a decent QB, maybe he's better suited to play WR. He's big and tall and fast like some of the monsters we saw this year.

That said, I'd be perfectly happy if Kardoes can come back healthy and play all year like he did against SUU. If not, we have Ryan Berry and he's going to be pretty good.
                    Scott Connot was/is a big, tall safety.

I think we also have a pretty good QB from Arizona that redshirted this year as well.  However, I still feel Kardoes can get the job done at QB.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm

I think we also have a pretty good QB from Arizona that redshirted this year as well.  
                      Ryan Crawford from Oro Valley, AZ, ranked as the 15 best incoming QB in I-AA by Showing Blitz.com.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/athletics/va...Ryan/index.cfm

Go State!  ;D

Comment

I am really excited about the next few years for this team. We will really see this team start to transitiion now where more of the DI recruited players will be seeing more playing time. With the exception of Pontrelli, the Juniors on this team are the last recruiting class from our D2 days. There are some freshman on this team that are going to get some serious playing time next year, on defense especially. My only hope is that we have some stability in the coming years on our staff. The players on defense have had 2 coordinators over the last two seasons and 3 dline coaches over the last 3 years.

Comment

At WR I see Mike steffen being a huge contributor. At 6'5 and 195 pounds he's taller and bigger than any WR we had this year. If he has hands any where close to Josh Davis, I see new records being set. Any body have any more info on this SD product?

Comment

FYI...... DE Jason Nobiling will be have knee surgury on Monday. He tore both his MCL and ACL at the game in Fargo......Best of Luck on a fast recovery

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                            http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

We tend to get at least one of those every time we play NDSU. It's their blocking scheme. I have it on good standing that they have to put their graduating O-linemen into counseling so they won't just start cut blocking innocent people as they walk through Wal-Mart or something like that.
                              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                              X