Post Season for GWFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Season for GWFC

I know for the NCAA basketball tourney, all members of the participating conference receives money based upon how well the teams from the conference perform. Is this the same for D1-AA football post season. If Cal-Poly keeps advancing, do members of the GWFC receive more money?
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Re: Post Season for GWFC

I see Cal-Poly beat Montana pretty handily today. Texas St. had a big lead on GSU.
    Nicolls lost, S. Illinois won. New Hampshire looked good today.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I don't think the scale of economy is large enough to pay out any sort of monies for the I-AA playoffs beyond the travel costs of the visiting teams and the NCAA administrative costs.

The GWFC does receive money from the BCS, however, that's used to pay for administrative costs.

Comment

Texas State will crush Cal Poly.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonguy
          I don't think the scale of economy is large enough to pay out any sort of monies for the I-AA playoffs beyond the travel costs of the visiting teams and the NCAA administrative costs.

The GWFC does receive money from the BCS, however, that's used to pay for administrative costs.
          I think you are correct  about extra money relating to D1AA playoffs. Its been a while, but seems like I read that the D1AA, D2 and D3 football playoffs are subsidized with some of the basketball revenue from the big dance. That's why there is no playoff scheme for the non-scholarships D1AA schools.  Even though the host schools offer the NCAA a guarenteed amount, they still lose money on travel where crowds do not materialize.  If the D1AA committee could attract big time sponsors, there could be some extra money, but that would be awfully hard to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack
            Texas State will crush Cal Poly.
            Thanks for the support. This is a better Cal Poly than you saw earlier in the year. Hopefully we can bring home another big win for the GWFC. BTW we beat Texas State 38-21 last year.

Comment

I wish the Mustangs the best. Texas State looks damn good this year and will be tough to beat. Their QB is one of the best in the nation at any level. Gonna need to bring your best "D" to this game.

Comment

The Cal Poly - Texas State game will be aired nationally on ESPN2.  All other quarterfinal games are on ESPNU

Comment

Someday we should be hosting a playoff team on a day like today. :

Comment

I think Poly can run on Texas St. Also, the GSU defense shut down the Texas St. offense for a good portion of the game before falling apart at the end. Poly's defense will be one of the best TexSt. has seen. It should be a great game. I'm picking Poly in an upset.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                    X