Cal Poly vs. Texas St. (ESPN2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cal Poly vs. Texas St. (ESPN2)

Two former Jackrabbit opponents going at it on ESPN2 right now. Texas St. up 7-0 on a 12 yard Barrick Nealy TD run. End of the 1st quarter.

Re: Cal Poly vs. Texas St. (ESPN2)

Cal-Poly D did a good job of containing Texas St but struggled offensively. Final score 14-7 Texas St.

Comment

Texas St. will now host Northern Iowa in the Semi-Finals.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Cal Poly essentially had no offense at all Saturday. I can't figure out their offensive scheme. How many times can the slow-footed QB lose yardage on that "triple option" they claim to run? How many wobbly and off-target passes can you throw? And how many times can you go try to run wide on a team that is clearly much, much faster at every position on the field?

They had some success stuffing it down Texas State's throats in the second quarter, then didn't go back to that in the second half. And then, with time running out in the fourth, they punt on fourth and 5 from the TSU 40? Strange coaching decisions.

So you have a QB who isn't fast and can't run. And he's not considered much of a passer. You have a tackle-to-tackle running game that works if you keep at it, but you don't. It seems to me that Poly needs to rethink things on offense. Their defense played well enough to win against a tough TSU offense. Disappointing.

Comment

I will agree...
          one thing though, I think the game should of came down to overtime. I think CP got the shaft on a touchdown and then fumbled on the next play.

The running back was clearly in the endzone, yet they marked the ball on the one.

Texas State is a faster overall team, should be an interesting game Saturday.

Comment

Working...
          X