Football Scholarships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Scholarships

I have heard we might not be jumping to 52 scholarships as reported earlier based on funding issues and or title IX. A more modest increase to 48 might be the plan. I'm sure our late season attendence didn't help in terms of garning the dollars to make the big jump. It's dissapointing as it delays our big payday against a DIA program and makes it difficult to compete against the fully funded DIAA programs like NDSU.

Re: Football Scholarships

I guess we have to trust the powers in charge to make the right financial decisions.

I'm hoping for a more balanced schedule in the future to get a better record.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
      I have heard we might not be jumping to 52 scholarships as reported earlier based on funding issues and or title IX. A more modest increase to 48 might be the plan. I'm sure our late season attendence didn't help in terms of garning the dollars to make the big jump. It's dissapointing as it delays our big payday against a DIA program and makes it difficult to compete against the fully funded DIAA programs like NDSU.
      Heard from where/whom? Someone who does know, someone who might know, or someone who's just speculatiing?
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Someone who does know.

Comment

Someone who does know.
          Better. Thanks.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Someone who does know.
            And who would that be?

Comment

Coach Stig was on the Craig and Mike Show yesterday and coach said we will be at 50 scholarships for this year. I believe he said we would be at 57 the following year.
              We...ARE...STATE!
              SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!

Comment

Coach Stig will be at Skelly's in Sioux Falls on Feb 21 and will talk about his 2006 Recruiting Class and presumably the scholarship situation.

Comment

If everyone donates money then we will be at 63 next year, so lets pony up some bills and push the Jacks into the Future with a fully Funded Football program...

What do ya say!

Comment

Working...
                  X