• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinatieri

Article from Argus:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...35/1002/SPORTS

Re: Vinatieri

Adam passed Gino Capaletti today and now is the all-time leading scorer in New England Patriots history.

Congrats to Adam!

Comment

Story out of Boston on Adam:

http://www.boston.com/sports/footbal...for_mr_clutch/

Go State! ;D

Comment

Fantastic article...that should be in the Jackrabbit Hall of Fame.

GO JACKS!

Comment

Here's a couple of fun facts:

1. Vinny could be in the NFL Hall of Fame before he gets into the SDSU Hall of Fame. Only a five year wait for the NFL HOF I believe, 25 year wait from the end of playing career for the SDSU HOF if I remember correctly. Jim Langer followed this route.

2. Vinny is not on the SDSU Wall of Fame as he never met the criteria while an athlete at SDSU. Go figure.

Trivia - which member of this board will never be in the NFL or SDSU Hall of Fame, but is on the Wall of Fame?
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll
            Trivia - which member of this board will never be in the NFL or SDSU Hall of Fame, but is on the Wall of Fame?
            Well, I qualify for the never being in the NFL of SDSU Hall of Fame, but I don't think I ever made the wall unless it was in the background of an action shot involving Ranek or Heiden. I believe all of the SDSU all-american's make the wall. Soo, perhaps a certain TE?
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Your knowledge of SDSU Football and chatboard trivia pays off MJA.

Actually, being an all-american does NOT qualify one for Wall of Fame status. If my memory serves somewhat correct, one must be - National Champion, Regional Champion, Conference Champion, Conference or National MVP, or a Post Graduate Scholarship Recipient to qualify for the Wall of Fame.

Vinny was an All-American, but none of the above. I wonder what he'd rather have, a spot on the Wall next to Timmerman and myself, or three Super Bowl rings and a trip to the Pro Football HOF. Tough call.
              I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Another Trivia question on the Wall? Which member of this board (and probably other members) never will qualify for the NFL Hall of SDSU Hall or NBA Hall (etc.) but is on the SDSU Wall of Fame.
                Answer: A lot of members of conference championship teams make it. I'm probably just one of many.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
                  Answer: A lot of members of conference championship teams make it. I'm probably just one of many.
                  Umm, I didn't make the wall for that reason either. Back to hoping I'm in the background on someone's picture.
                  "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
                    Another Trivia question on the Wall? Which member of this board (and probably other members) never will qualify for the NFL Hall of SDSU Hall or NBA Hall (etc.) but is on the SDSU Wall of Fame.
                    And that picture has been on the wall for a while. ;D but it means something though and non-student athletes well we just have to be the viewer of the wall. Its always fun to stop and look. Congrads to all that have made it, you have made SDSU proud.

Comment

New story:

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/etc/wb/47326

Go State! ;D

Comment

That is a great story 89.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)
                        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

"Vinny could be in the NFL Hall of Fame before he gets into the SDSU Hall of Fame. Only a five year wait for the NFL HOF I believe, 25 year wait from the end of playing career for the SDSU HOF if I remember correctly. Jim Langer followed this route."

While I would love to see Vinny get inducted into the NFL Hall, he's got a tough road to hoe.  Only one kicker, Jan Stenrud, has been inducted into the Hall of Fame.  

Comment

http://diaafootball.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1116007339

Comment

He is a lock, "The Greatest" Clutch Kicker in NFL history 3 superbowl winners...EASY, I wont say first ballot but definitely in.

Comment

Working...
                              X