Gocong brings home the Buck for Poly and the GWFC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gocong brings home the Buck for Poly and the GWFC

Chris Gocong took home the 2005 Buck Buchanan award. It is awarded by the TSN to the best defensive player in I-AA. That makes two in a row for Cal Poly and the GWFC. Gocong followed Cal Poly's Jordan Beck, the 2004 Buchanan winner. UNC Reed Doughty placed fourth in the balloting. Not bad for the GWFC, two of the top four defensive players in the country.

Re: Gocong brings home the Buck for Poly and the G

Originally posted by SloStang
    Chris Gocong took home the 2005 Buck Buchanan award.  It is awarded by the TSN to the best defensive player in I-AA.  That makes two in a row for Cal Poly and the GWFC.  Gocong followed Cal Poly's Jordan Beck, the 2004 Buchanan winner.  UNC Reed Doughty placed fourth in the balloting.  Not bad for the GWFC, two of the top four defensive players in the country.

Congrats to Gocong on winning the award and being one of the best defensive players I've seen in my years of attending Jacks games. Now if only we could go back and change the outcome of our football game this past season.

Thanks for keeping us posted SloStang and looking forward to Poly's nest trip to Brookings.

Comment

My congrads also go out to Gocong. I would not have noticed him when Poly was at CAS, if Coach Stiglemeire at the previous Jackrabbit Luncheon, had not said" Watch for No 53, he is a great player." If he continues to work hard and its his desire, he could be playing on Sundays.

Comment

Congrats to Mr Gocong......He will be a player that will be playing on Sundays......Great talent

Hopefully our young D-Lineman will mature and be a force to reckon with in the future

Go Jacks  !!!!!!
        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

hey we held him to one sack against us, but they still got 6 against us or something like that...

Comment

Working...
          X