4 football players to play B-Ball tonight for the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 football players to play B-Ball tonight for the

Tonite...Chris Wagner (TE), Mike Stephen (WR), Brock Campbell (WR), and Glen Fox (FS) will participate witht the JackRabbit mens basketball team.

Re: 4 football players to play B-Ball tonight for

Originally posted by ex-jack
    Tonite...Chris Wagner (TE), Mike Stephen (WR), Brock Campbell (WR), and Glen Fox (FS) will participate witht the JackRabbit mens basketball team.

This will certainly make me more inclined to tune is from tip to final buzzer. SWMnSt. is not very good and even with a patch work team we should beat them. Of course, I felt the same way last year before they blew us out of Frost.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

This will certainly make me more inclined to tune is from tip to final buzzer. SWMnSt. is not very good and even with a patch work team we should beat them. Of course, I felt the same way last year before they blew us out of Frost.
      This game is as much about the university as it is about the team. I'm basically calling out the entire SDSU community for this one.

Show up, or give up. Your choice, SDSU. I'll be there, cowbell in hand.

Your university needs you. Be in Frost Arena tonight if you can. If you can't, listen on WNAX over the air or via the Internet.

I hate what has happened. I wish it hadn't happened. I hope justice is done. I expect justice to be done.

But we can't let this change who we really are. Do we surrender to our worst fears, or do we instead pick ourselves up and reach for the best we can be?

The Jackrabbit Nation has a chance to show what we're made of tonight. I hope I won't be disappointed.

Go Rabbits!
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Amen Filbert. I could not have summerized it up better.

Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Comment

I'm sure the the other players are pretty good BB players in their own right but Mike Steffan was probably good enough to play bb at SDSU-he chose football.

This will be fun to watch. (under terrible circumstances) I hope these guys contribute, and get some playing time. They wont know the offense but they can help.
          What a memory for these guys!!

Comment

Originally posted by filbert

This game is as much about the university as it is about the team.  I'm basically calling out the entire SDSU community for this one.

Show up, or give up.  Your choice, SDSU.  I'll be there, cowbell in hand.

Your university needs you.  Be in Frost Arena tonight if you can.  If you can't, listen on WNAX over the air or via the Internet.

I hate what has happened.  I wish it hadn't happened.  I hope justice is done.  I expect justice to be done.

But we can't let this change who we really are.  Do we surrender to our worst fears, or do we instead pick ourselves up and reach for the best we can be?

The Jackrabbit Nation has a chance to show what we're made of tonight.  I hope I won't be disappointed.

Go Rabbits!
            I'll be listening via internet as usual. I hope these guys get some minutes. If I was a betting man I would wager that Wagner and Steffen will see about 10 minutes. More if our bigs get into foul trouble.

Comment

If these guys can keep from crashing into bleachers, chairs and what have you, this will be darn good conditioning for spring ball. You hope they dont bang their heads on the floor too much, and get concusions.

I never knew Josh Cervey was a football player until I had my walkman on at a Morningside game, where their announcer made mention of the big Tight end from Oscela Iowa. I would honestly get out his way if he came rumbling my way. ;D

Comment

SW Minnesota is not that bad... I think they are around .500

If we win tonight after all of this it will be unbelievable. I don't think too many people would think we are the favorites coming into tonights game.

30% of our team currently is made up of Football players
                who have had one pratice. This is a chance for someone (other than Cadwell) to step up and LEAD!!

Go get em Jacks!!

Comment

Mike Steffan 6-5 195 Captain BB team in HS
                  Glenn Fox 6-2 180 Captain BB team in HS
                  Chris Wagner 6-7 250 Captain BB team in HS
                  Brock Campbell 6-2 205 Unsure of captain status in HS

These guys are probably pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas_Jacks_Fan
                    SW Minnesota is not that bad... I think they are around .500
                    You are correct when you say not bad. They have defeated 3 NCC teams this year including the Yotes. That said, I'll never consider us an underdog in Frost arena against a program that ranks in the middle of the NSIC right now. Its sad to even think that.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

What I will be watching for is the quickness of Fox and Cambell. Its shame they have not been practicing with the team, as I would be willing to bet these guys are very coachable and smart, besides being quick.

Comment

This game is as much about the university as it is about the team.  I'm basically calling out the entire SDSU community for this one.

Show up, or give up.  Your choice, SDSU.  I'll be there, cowbell in hand.

Your university needs you.  Be in Frost Arena tonight if you can.  If you can't, listen on WNAX over the air or via the Internet.

I hate what has happened.  I wish it hadn't happened.  I hope justice is done.  I expect justice to be done.

But we can't let this change who we really are.  Do we surrender to our worst fears, or do we instead pick ourselves up and reach for the best we can be?

The Jackrabbit Nation has a chance to show what we're made of tonight.  I hope I won't be disappointed.

Go Rabbits!
                        You don't have to call me out. My support for SDSU is unwavering. I'll be critical and continue to have high expections.

Just find someone to cover the ICU from 7-10 tonight and I'll tune in. I intend to have the game on one of the unit computers but will only be able to periodically check in. This is where the live stats are helpful.

Ring the cowbell a couple of times for me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd

You don't have to call me out. My support for SDSU is unwavering. I'll be critical and continue to have high expections.

Just find someone to cover the ICU from 7-10 tonight and I'll tune in. I intend to have the game on one of the unit computers but will only be able to periodically check in. This is where the live stats are helpful.

Ring the cowbell a couple of times for me.
                          Yeah, I probably should have hit "reply" rather than "quote" . . . oh, well . . .

In person or in spirit, I hope everyone will be there for our Rabbits!
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Yeah, I probably should have hit "reply" rather than "quote" . . . oh, well . . .

In person or in spirit, I hope everyone will be there for our Rabbits!

Agreed Filbert, and I look forward to meeting you one day if I haven't already.

I wish I could be at Frost tonight and even more, I wish I would have been asked to "fill in" for the Jacks when I was at SDSU. I won an intramural BB championship on theFrost floor but to play as a Jackrabbit would be worth so much more. I remember seeing Thorson courtside at that intramural championship wondering if he might be looking at me. What a dreamer I was.

Comment

Hey they played well....
                              Chris Wagner-5 pts, 5 reb
                              Mike Steffan-2pts, 1 reb, 1 steal, 1 block
                              Glen Fox-0 pts, 1 reb, 0/2 from the ft line
                              Brock Campbell-DNP

They played some good quality minutes, the Jacks were plus when the FB guys were in. Steffan hit a crucial jumper with 1 sec left on the shot clock to push the jacks lead to 5 with less than a minute left, and wags had 4 points and 5 rebs in 3 minutes in the first half...

Wags also looked like he belonged out there posting up and keeping guys out of the box...Steffan was superb and looks like a stud out there, and fox was a little shaken but appeared to be well adjust after about a minute in.

Nagy said in a post-game interview that these guys brought energy and attitude...Well put coach.

When Wagner first entered the game the crowd errupted and when he hit his first basket it got even louder. same for Steffan and Fox...

So come out monday night if you can and support the JACKS...all of these guys teammates were proud of them, the football guys as well as the basketball guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X