SDSU-ISU Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU-ISU Game

Any rumors coming out about this fall's football game with Idaho State? There's a thread on our board which indicates SDSU would either travel to Pocatello instead, or the game may not happen. Traveling to Poky would only give you guys 4 home games, wouldn't it?

http://thebengalden.proboards34.com/...ead=1138739806

Re: SDSU-ISU Game

Very dissapointing if we lose the home Idaho State game.

Comment

I received the announcement of the signings in my e-mail from the SDSU SID and it had the 2006 schedule included with it. I noticed that the Idaho State game had been removed for the Sept. 30th date. It looks like that game won't happen this year for the Jacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bison_Kent
        I received the announcement of the signings in my e-mail from the SDSU SID and it had the 2006 schedule included with it.  I noticed that the Idaho State game had been removed for the Sept. 30th date.  It looks like that game won't happen this year for the Jacks.  

The schedule I got this morning (without signings) has the ISU game still listed but I am in noway an informed individual. Sounds like we lost it. Thats a bad deal unless we can find a good IAA team to replace them.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The ISU schedule was released today and we are not on it.

Date Opponent Site Mt. Time
          Sept. 2 at UNLV Las Vegas, NV TBA
          Sept. 9 Fort Lewis (Hall of Fame Game) Pocatello, ID 3:05 pm
          Sept. 16 at Idaho Moscow, ID TBA
          Sept. 23 *Northern Arizona (Homecoming) Pocatello, ID 3:05 pm
          Oct. 7 *at Northern Colorado Greeley, CO TBA
          Oct. 14 *at Portland State Portland, OR 7:05 pm
          Oct. 21 *Montana State Pocatello, ID 3:05 pm
          Oct. 28 *at Montana Missoula, MT 1:05 pm
          Nov. 4 *Sacramento State Pocatello, ID 3:05 pm
          Nov. 11 *at Eastern Washington Cheney, WA TBA
          Nov. 18 *Weber State Pocatello, ID 3:05 pm

Comment

I don't think our coach and AD know anything about scheduling. We have a very promising team coming back, and why they would schedule two I-A teams is beyond me. They are weak I-A teams, but we will still be the underdog in each. Idaho does nothing for us, and the pay is only around $100K I believe.

I'd rather replace one of the I-A games with a game to SDSU, but hopefully we'll start the series in 2007.

Comment

What are our choices for replacements if we do need to reschedule another game?

Comment

Frustrated, pissed-off for now. Would like to know the details of the back-out by ISU.

Hopefully this works out for the best and we find a better team than Bungals to fill that open date. Hopefully.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Seriously, can their be anymore bad news for SDSU athletics today. I would have to say the chances of us finding a 1-AA replacement, at home, this late in the process, is very slim.
                  "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by SD-STATE
                    What are our choices for replacements if we do need to reschedule another game?

Have to put out the call and let as many coaches/AD's as possible know that we have an open date.

Comment

Sorry to hear about the ISU game.....I hope we get a suitable replacement, not another lower classification game, we already have enough of those.

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

This sucks!!
                        I went to AFCA website and the following schools have 9/30 open

McNeese St (LA.) Maybe we can convince them with a game at Brookings in '06 with a return to Lake Charles in '07

Oklahoma Panhandle St.- probably the worst D2 team in the country, This is someone usd would love to play

St. Cloud St.- They are looking for a home game, maybe a last resort we would pay them a guarantee for a game at Brookings

I forgot about the 10/14 open date...

Northern Arizona is looking for a home or away on 10/17 (tuesday) maybe a misprint on the date.

Kentucky is looking for a home game on 9/30 but there is bowl implications with them

Humboldt St. California is looking for a road game on 10/14

I am hopeful we can get at least a road game with a payout insted of playing only 10 games.

Comment

Does ISU pay us any kind of penalty for backing out?
                          @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                          --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

A little info on why ISU dropped this game: Eastern Washington dumped Idaho from their schedule last week and took more money to play Oregon State. This left Idaho scrambling to fill the void. I think ISU is only getting about 100K for the game, but it is an in-state rivalry game.

Comment

ISU probably would buy us out of the contract (money that would likely come from the UNLV guarantee) or promise us another home game in a future year. Regardless, it's disappointing to see us lose a home game against a Big Sky opponent, particularly since we already have a fairly weak home schedule.

My guess is the Athletic Dept. will end filling the date (or 10/14) with a lower-division opponent since most schedules are filling up. The other possibility would be a guarantee game with a 1-A school that likely has little chance to reach a bowl game....(our lack of 57 scholarships wouldn't matter in that case)....

Comment

Working...
                              X