NDSU to play Georgia Southern

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU to play Georgia Southern

NDSU will have a home and home with Georgia Southern on Oct 7. Looks like they are changing their "O".

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...section=Sports

Re: NDSU to play Georgia Southern

I know the Forum likes to pump up the Bison's opponents (every one remember the hype around Valpo a couple of seasons ago?), but Jeff made a big boo boo with this line . . .

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...section=Sports (sub site but it is free)

. . . . Georgia Southern’s six national championships have come in the 28 years that Division I-AA has existed. The Eagles finished 8-4 last year and lost in the first round of the I-AA playoffs to eventual champion Texas State. . . .

The Bobcats lost to UNI in the Semi-finals, who in turn lost to Appalachian State in the Championship game.

Go State! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by 89rabbit
      I know the Forum likes to pump up the Bison's opponents (every one remember the hype around Valpo a couple of seasons ago?), but Jeff made a big boo boo with this line .  .  .

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...section=Sports  (sub site but it is free)

.  .  .  . Georgia Southern’s six national championships have come in the 28 years that Division I-AA has existed. The Eagles finished 8-4 last year and lost in the first round of the I-AA playoffs to eventual champion Texas State.  .  .  .  

The Bobcats lost to UNI in the Semi-finals, who in turn lost to Appalachian State in the Championship game.

Go State!  ;D
      The hype around Valpo was that it was the first DI-AA game not so much Valpo.

Comment

I think this is an excellent game for the Bison.....Good Luck

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
        http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

The Bison can't go wrong. I wonder if SDSU had any chance of extending the home and home again for 2 years. We may have lost out on amounts guarenteed to GSU, thats a possiblity just my speculative thought. With the Southern Coneference, GSU probably has only so many non conference games, and no doubt they were not crazy about two trips to the Dakotas in one year, but were open to a slightly different change of scenery.

Comment

I think Jerry O. posted earlier that we are working on a home and home for the 2007 and 2008 seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack
              I think Jerry O. posted earlier that we are working on a home and home for the 2007 and 2008 seasons.
              I wonder if that will happen now that NDSU has a home and home with them for 2006 and 2007. GSU would be traveling to NDSU in 2007 which would mean we would travel to Statesboro in 2007 if it does happen. Last year GSU played 4 non-conference games: McNesse St., Nortwestern, SDSU and Morehead St. Maybe the Dakotas have had a good impression on GSU and it will become a yearly game.

Comment

I am pretty sure that we already have a deal to go there in 07 and they come here in 08

Comment

I think Jack Twice is correct

Comment

It will be interesting to see if GSU goes through some rough seasons similar to Nebraska after the shift in offensive gameplans. I'd like our chances against GSU if they didn't run that unstoppable option.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Even though we lost, that GSU offense was really fun to watch.

Comment

Unless that QB grows a couple inches over the summer, I don't see him being much of a pocket passer. Their passing game seemed to consist primarily of throwing a bomb every so often to keep the defense honest.
                        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

This is a great addition to the Bison schedule. A tough road game but should be made a little easier with the change in offense at GSU. I would have liked to seen how the Bison would matchup against the option.

Comment

Originally posted by SiouxFallsJack
                            This is a great addition to the Bison schedule.  A tough road game but should be made a little easier with the change in offense at GSU.  I would have liked to seen how the Bison would matchup against the option.
                            NDSU abandoned the veer option that worked wonders for them in the 1980's when Rocky Hagar left. So they have not run that for some time. I asked Stig about how the triple option that GSU used compared with the NDSU veer, and he told me that you could do many more things with the triple option that GSU used.

So since both have or are abandoning the option offense, its really hard to say how they would match up.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUFAN

NDSU abandoned the veer option that worked wonders for them in the 1980's when Rocky Hagar left. So they have not run that for some time. I asked Stig about how the triple option that GSU used compared with the NDSU veer, and he told me that you could do many more things with the triple option that GSU used.

So since both have or are abandoning the option offense, its really hard to say how they would match up.
                              A little off topic, but since we're talking about the option, I thought we would have used it more last year with Kardoes. And I wonder if we'll use it more this year, provided whomever our starting QB is is mobile. I would think out of Kardoes, Berry, Crawford and Burkhardt; Kardoes and Crawford would be able to run the option 5-10 times a game.

Comment

Working...
                              X