SDSU recruits listed as some of the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU recruits listed as some of the best

Last year Ryan Crawford was ranked as the #15 QB in the I-AA recruiting class.  

http://www.showingblitz.com/2005topq...TC3yiO22LMAeEh

This year Corey Jeske is rated as an Honorable Mention.  Should have some depth at the QB spot.  Good stuff!  8)

http://www.showingblitz.com/2006topqbs.html

Go State!  ;D

Re: SDSU QB recruit listed as one of the best

The only thing holding Cory Jeske back is his height. I am not sure what he is listed at but he can't be much more than 6'1 or two. But boy can that kid sling a football.

Comment

Re: SDSU recruits listed as some of the best

The RB list is out and another Jackrabbit made the list. This time it's Stefan Geissler.

http://www.showingblitz.com/2006toprbs.html

Go State! ;D

Comment

I have heard Geissler will play linebacker at SDSU.

Comment

Colin Cochart, 06 recruit is listed as the seventh best tight end recruit in the country for DI-aa schools in the latest posting on showing Blitz..

http://www.showingblitz.com/2006toptes.html

Comment

Judging from recent remarks, Coach Stiegelmeier is very pleased with this year's class of more than 20 recruits. His biggest disappointment was losing Chris Wallenstein (6-6, 285, an offensive lineman from Centerville) to NDSU. (At least Wallenstein was the only South Dakotan who will leave for Bison land.) Apparently big linemen are impressed by the Bison's training facility. Hopefully SDSU will improve its training facilities enough some day to help in recruiting. Will that new Wellness Center that the students and regents approved provide space for team training facilities as well as general student use? Just curious.
            This space for lease.

Comment

I think mainly what the Wellness Center will do is let the HPER weight facilities be re-dedicated to athletic programs' use, whereas the Wellness Center/general campus use will move into the new facility. Somebody who actually knows might chime in here
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Here is a link from the AGS board showing different weight rooms in I-AA.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ht=weight+room

There are some very nice facilities out there and when the Wellness Center is built I hope ours can compete with the other schools weight rooms.

Comment

I believe this new student center has nothing to do with the football team's training facilities. I think it has more to do with updating the facilities the students want and need updated...I don't see the football team getting their own facility with in the time frame that i am here on campus for the next 3 years. I do know that there will be updates to the football stadium in the next 3-5 years though...anyways New Rec center details:
                  • Walking track to replace the current track around Frost Arena.

• Cardiovascular workout area equipped with treadmills, rowing machines and other exercise equipment.

• Weight room equipped with free weights and strength-training equipment.

• Multipurpose recreation courts for basketball, volleyball and other sports.

• Climbing wall for recreational climbing.

• Lockers and showers for men and women.

• Offices for administration, trainers, employees and reception workers.

• Support spaces that include custodial areas, restrooms, an elevator and storage space.

• Racquetball/handball courts would be optional.

• Student health and counseling areas with nurse and doctor offices pharmacy, infirmary, lab, examination rooms and nurses station.

• Varsity women's locker rooms and showers for swimming, basketball and volleyball teams.

Comment

Thanks, Blue Hat.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

speaking of stadiums i would like to see our stadium look something like this
                      princeton's stadium looks cool...but we have a better scoreboard ;D

Comment

news news i got news. the new wellness center's weight rooms would be open to the students, teams could not close down the weight rooms. it would be open from 6-9 am-pm i am guessing, it would not close down for athletic events. and it has a really funky shape to it. however student athletes would not be discouraged from using it as long as it isn't en mass. from the words of one of them hard working men in the student's association office.

Comment

Working...
                        X