Any Jacks quit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Jacks quit?

Anyone no if anyone has quit, I talked to Paul Fischer and he said he hung it up but wouldn't get into why. So I was wondering if anyone else heard if any other guys quit?

Re: Any Jacks quit?

Mike Rippentrop quit, but that was back in 1995. Is that what you're talking about?
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I understand that Kasey Deaver is no longer with the team also.

Comment

I quit a little over a year ago. Don't regret it, either. ;D
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Losing 300lb Kasey Deaver along the offensive line I would think is serious blow to the team?

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
            Would anybody know why he would quit, if he did? Or Fischer too?
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
              I know that Deaver was dealing with knee injuries last season. Some athletes just get tired of dealing with injuries and rehab.

Comment

There was talk in the dorm about Hank Goff quitting, I dont know him and I didnt want to go up and intrude...does anyone know?

Comment

*From the Moderator

This thread has "Rumor Mill" and gossip written all over it. So a little reminder is in order. Please remember, if you have first hand knowledge of information and want to share it that is one thing, if your "knowledge" is second or third hand then maybe it doesn't belong here.    

Remember we are talking about real people and their lives so please be careful in what you post.  Your assistance with this simple request is greatly appreciated.

Comment

isnt speculation anymore, he has left the team, and from what I heard he is the 3rd D-Lineman to quit, Fischer, Shleiman, and Goff. We need to keep these guys around or start getting some Juco Kids!!!
                    I guess Shlieman quit in the fall but losing Koenigsfeld, DJ Fischer, Goff, thats three starters from last year, we need some amazing springs and summers out of the guys they have.

Comment

Originally posted by friendlyjack
                      isnt speculation anymore, he has left the team, and from what I heard he is the 3rd D-Lineman to quit, Fischer, Shleiman, and Goff. We need to keep these guys around or start getting some Juco Kids!!!
                      I guess Shlieman quit in the fall but losing Koenigsfeld, DJ Fischer, Goff, thats three starters from last year, we need some amazing springs and summers out of the guys they have.

Just for clarification both D.J. Fischer and Koenigsfeld were Seniors last fall. Shleiman was not on last year's team. Paul Fischer was a Jr. last season and was hurt for most of the season. He played in 6 games. I believe he has 14 tackles (one of which was a sack) in his 3 seasons at SDSU. He is the young man whose time with the Jackrabbits was interrupted by a National Guard deployment to Iraq. Goff was a true Freshmen who played in all 11 games and had 27 tackles (5 of which were sacks). It would be too bad if Goff didn't return.

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Here is the link to Paul's story:

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,4448

Thank you Paul.

Go State! ;D

Comment

If I am not mistaken Goff was a true freshman last year and his red shirt was pulled due to other injuries that left us thin at whatever position Hank Goff played. I recall Coach Stig mentioning this at one of the Jackrabbit club luncheons. He made the comment that he should not have to play true freshman, and said that Hank should not have to play, but had too because they had no one else.

I think we alway have lost a few along the way for any number of reasons. Spring ball is around the corner so we should find out who else can get the job done.

Comment

We also have a lot of DL coming in this fall's class.  To add to the confusion one is named Fischer.  

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Va...cfm?Id=46,4827

The list of prospects returning letters of intent on Wednesday:
                            Ross Basham, DL, 6-3, 280, Bridgeport, TX (Bridgeport)
                            Danny Batten, DL, 6-4, 240, Gilbert, AZ (Mesquite)

Alex Beyer, TE, 6-4, 245, Neenah, WI (Neenah)
                            Colin Cochart, (co-chart) TE, 6-5, 230, Kewaunee, WI (Kewaunee)
                            Jared Crumly, DL, 6-4, 210, Hartington, NE (Hartington)
                            Derek Domino, LB, 6-4, 190, Spring Lake Park, MN (Spring Lake Park)
                            Tyler Duffy, RB, 5-10, 190, Brookings, SD (Brookings)
                            Brian Fischer, DL, 6-2, 230, Ashton, IA (Sheldon)
                            Austin Frain, LB, 6-0, 195, Treynor, IA (Treynor)
                            Stefan Geissler, (guy-sler) RB, 6-1, 220, Cadott, WI (Cadott)
                            Matt Hylland (hill-and), WR, 5-10, 170, Sioux Falls, SD (Lincoln)
                            Corey Jeske, QB, 6-1, 185, Buffalo, MN (Buffalo)
                            Conrad Kjerstad, DB, 6-1, 180, Wall, SD (Wall)
                            Ryan McKnight, OL, 6-3, 265, Sioux Falls, SD (Washington)
                            Christopher Miller, OL, 6-4, 260, Kansas City, KS (Park Hill)
                            Kyle Minett (min-ette), RB, 5-11, 205, Ruthton, MN (Russell-Tyler-Ruthton)
                            Justin Mitchell, WR, 6-2, 185, Saukville, WI (Port Washington)
                            Devin Pruett, DB, 5-10, 180, Bakersfield, CA (Liberty)
                            Russell Schultz, TE, 6-5, 215, Corona, SD (Milbank)
                            Jonathan Stephens, OL, 6-4, 260, Blaine, MN (Concordia Academy)
                            Antonio Thompson, DL, 6-3, 230, Sioux Falls, SD (Roosevelt)

Go State!  ;D

Comment

Thanks for the Fischer update 89, and I remember talking to him the day he told the team and I Partied with him until he left and when he returned. So I dont know if the strategy is to weed out the non hackers or is there something else...

But back to Goff, he lead the team in sacks as a True Freshman....thats a big loss, no if there were outside problems than thats cool. But still anyone who quits is a huge loss.

Different people bring different things to the party (team). Oh shoot I forgot about Delbridge, Chet...He quit after Spring ball last year, and Chris Bos, Same thing.....

So in one year we have lost more linemen to quitting than to graduation, the same for the OL....Joe Hargens, and Zach Campbell.

Comment

Working...
                              X