Jacks Schedule...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks Schedule...

Hey everybody I was just wondering about the schedule. Are the jacks gonna fill the schedule ??? or are we just playing 10? I heard the Gophs are still looking for a noncoference opponent but I think they want a 1A game and now that I think of it, we already have a tough enough schedule.
    "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Re: Jacks Schedule...

Originally posted by wr54
    Hey everybody I was just wondering about the schedule. Are the jacks gonna fill the schedule ??? or are we just playing 10? I heard the Gophs are still looking for a noncoference opponent but I think they want a 1A game and now that I think of it, we already have a tough enough schedule.
    They want a IAA game but they need it to be against a program with a fully funded scholarship load (avg of 57 last 2 years). It seems they have offered NDSU 300K and the Bison are thinking about it.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The only team I've seen with an open date to match our two in 1-AA is Tn-Martin, an Ohio Valley Conf. member. Match up on 10/14. Now, my local to Brookings cohorts here, what can we do to make Fred aware of that?

Tennessee-Martin is in need of one more game on 9/9 or 10/14.

Rabid (in sunny SW FLA) ;D

Comment

Jacks add away game with McNeese State to the schedule.
        http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,4941

Schedule is complete. Idaho State can ##ck themselves.

Comment

Great schedule in 2007! I thought UNI was coming here in 2007?

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII
            Great schedule in 2007! I thought UNI was coming here in 2007?
            I thought the same thing...maybe it got moved to 2008 instead? It will really stink if we don't get a home game out of our agreement with UNI.
            "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Well, hopefully the amount Idaho State paid for the buyout will wind up being a net positive for the program's bottom line . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I liked this line at the end of the gojacks.com release.

Current contracts will have SDSU playing at least six home games in 2007: Montana, Texas State, Stephen F. Austin, Cal Poly, Southern Utah and North Dakota State.

Can't ask for a much better home schedule than this, some top quality opponents there.

Comment

I was wondering why we had a McNesse St. fan hanging around here lately, now I know. Good pick up.

Comment

That is a beast of a schedule. I bleed yellow and blue, but realistically, we are probably underdogs in all but 4 of our games next year. UWLacrosse, Central Arkansas, William Penn, Southern Utah. That's about it. Nichols State and McNeese are toss ups, but with them both being away games, we have to be the underdogs. 7-4 would be a monumental record next season.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Central Arkansas went 11-3 last year in D2 and return a good portion of their starters. Can't overlook that one either.

Comment

Central Arkansas is a decent team and will be in their probationary period moving from Div II to Div I. They have been invited and will joining the Southland when they become full fledged Div I.

Doc

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02

Current contracts will have SDSU playing at least six home games in 2007: Montana, Texas State, Stephen F. Austin, Cal Poly, Southern Utah and North Dakota State.

Can't ask for a much better home schedule than this, some top quality opponents there.
                          You will probably get a nice buy out check from Montana next year or an offer to go there that will be hard to say no to. Cal Poly had a home game set two years ago with Montana and they bought it out to schedule a home game to help payoff their debt. This year they were set to come to Cal Poly and they offered us $200,000 to go to Montana instead. You know the saying, money talks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks02

I have to agree, just looking ahead at next years schedule. That is the start of the very soild schedule. This season looks to be pretty tough also, even with the two lower schools.

2006 JACKRABBIT FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
                            SEPTEMBER
                            2 WISCONSIN-LaCROSSE, 7 p.m.
                            9 at Montana, 1:05 p.m. MT
                            16 at Northern Iowa, 4:05 p.m.
                            23 at Nicholls State, 2 p.m.
                            30 at McNeese State, 7 p.m.
                            OCTOBER
                            7 CENTRAL ARKANSAS, 7 p.m.
                            14 open date
                            21 at Cal Poly. TBA
                            28 UC DAVIS, 2 p.m.
                            NOVEMBER
                            4 WILLIAM PENN, 1 p.m.
                            11 at Southern Utah, 1 p.m.
                            18 at North Dakota State, TBA

2007 JACKRABBIT FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
                            Montana
                            Texas State,
                            Stephen F. Austin
                            Cal Poly
                            Southern Utah
                            North Dakota State
                            @ Cal Davis
                            4 TBD

Comment

I like the pick-up of McNeese St. Only thing I worry about is only 4 home games and the 4 road games in a row. I'm guessing a split with the 4 road games would be considered good. Any worse than that could hurt. I am the eternal optimist. Still looking for an excellent season. I believe there will be some players that will step up and suprise some people.

Go Jacks !!!!!
                              http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Working...
                              X