coachstig.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coachstig.com

I was just looking around on the gojacks website and under the camp info it showed a website coachstig.com Looks like a new site that has potenial to look very good. What does anyone think of it, just curious

Go Jacks !!!!!!
    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Re: coachstig.com

Very cool! 8)

http://www.coachstig.com/jstig/

Go State! ;D

Comment

*removed link to AJ's site since 89 decided to post it under basketball*

It looks like these were set up as part of their summer camp promotion, but it does create some concern for me since this was discussed a few years ago when football started their own web site back then. The Sports Information department and the university work hard to control the content that is released to the public. Does anyone know if the athletic department has a say on what the coaches will be able to put out on their sites? If not this could create a whole new can of worms with the type of information that is available to the public.

Comment

Looks like all of the coaches sites are registered to:

Registrant:
        Skinny Sports
        620 S. Edgerton
        Mitchell, SD 57301
        US

Registrar: DOTSTER
        Domain Name: COACHSTIG.COM
        Created on: 30-JAN-06
        Expires on: 30-JAN-07
        Last Updated on: 06-MAR-06
        You'd hope Skinny Sports has negotiated some kind of agreement with the Athletic Department (for such things as school logos, etc.) as well as some kind of arrangement describing the coach's participation on these sites.

Since the sites all seem to be flying under the SDSU banner to some degree, such an agreement would be more than prudent for everybody involved.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I thought my last news letter from the football dept referenced this site also. My guess would be it can be used as an additional source of contact for the coaches to help with fundraising and getting their message out to the masses. I would bet that the dept doesn't have total control but the coaches are limited as to the content of the sites.

Comment

I believe Skinny Sports is one of Mike Miller's side companies.

Comment

Actually I beleive it is his brothers and very well respected in the sports world.

Comment

I hate to sound bitter, but does anyone remember "Skinny" mocking an entire crowd at Frost Arena? I have grown to be happy for his success in the NBA since it's not every day we have a SD kid in the league, however, I wish we could have found someone else to register and host the websites. Those companies are a dime a dozen and it's not exactly rocket science. I guess I'm still a little bitter...

Comment

Remind us...I remember his brother lighting us up and mocking us during the regional? Have to admit it was one heck of a performance though.

GO JACKS!

Comment

The coaches sites are a good thing, and I really don't care who owns them. Even if these young kids don't pan out to be blue chip athletes, they get to know the campus at an earlier age. Camps and any kind of exposure to SDSU is valuable especially in the near where future high school classes and traditional students are going to be smaller in terms of a pool group.. So a football camp or bb for that matter can help bring academic students to SDSU.
                    Thanks skinny.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitden
                      Remind us...I remember his brother lighting us up and mocking us during the regional?  Have to admit it was one heck of a performance though.

GO JACKS!
                      I sat right near Mike as he rubbed it in our face. Can't say I blame him. Of all the bad memories of regional championships gone wrong its Miller and the Metro kid from Australia lighting us up that hurts. However, the success of other years always exceeds the pain.

All-in-all, Mike has been good for South Dakota and I wish him the best. As for Ryan and the Metro kid from Australia, I am still bitter but thats my problem.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree, he didn't make himself look good that night. He also looked bad when Austin/Brandon shut them down in the state tourney and I remember him whining/crying to the coach...

Comment

Jeff Kolpack at the Fargo Forum has taken note of coachstig.com

Here is the link to his April 7 column.

http://www.in-forum.com/articles/ind...Jeff%20Kolpack

GO JACKS
                          An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                          US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

“The main thing is it gives people easier access specifically to the football program rather than searching through all the hoops of SDSU and the athletic department,” Coach Stig said. “We have a more intimate access.”
                            I always thought the goal of anyone that has a web site was to drive traffic to that site. Now it seems as though with the coaches site SDSU is getting away from that.  I see on Stig's there's one link to SDSU Athletics.  The nice thing about driving people to gojacks.com is that there are links to other sports and the university as a whole. For a recruit or recruit's parents I would think it might be nice to be able to access academic information directly from the site they are already searching.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                            X