Western Illinois

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Western Illinois

Looks like we will be playing the Leathernecks in football.

Macomb - '07
    Brookings - '08

http://www.wiuathletics.com/football...eschedules.php

Go State! ;D

Re: Western Illinois

It's good to see that the Athletic Dept. (Rob) is making strides in balancing the schedule so we can have five to six home games every season.

Are McNeese State and Western Illinois the only nonconference home games we know about for 2008??

Comment

WIU is in the Gateway for football and the Mid-Con for all other sports, FYI . . . we need to play as many of those schools, in as many sports as we possibly can, for future conference membership purposes.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

SDSU played WIU several times in the late 1970's and early 1980's. While living in suburban Chicago, I can recall making at least two trips to Macomb. One in particular, I remember is turning on to the street where all the party animals lived and that was right after the game. Thankfully I never hit anyone nor did I have to get out of my car.

Macomb then reminded me of Brookings. It will be fun trip from points in the midwest. Exposure to Mid Cont is certainly a plus so am glad this series was inked.

Comment

Nice to see some more quality I-AA games for the future.  Maybe our wish will come true after this year and more than 1 game with DIII, DII and NAIA's will be a thing of the past.

I also like the fact that they are a decent program, but not one of the elite. While I like playing UNI, Montana, Texas St. etc., I'd rather play more teams that is more beatable and add more wins to the record. Especially once we are playoff eligible.

Comment

WOW, WIU picked up a good one today!

http://www.wiuathletics.com/release.sphp?id=2512

Go State! ;D

Comment

They are in the Mid Con too.
              www.bisonsports.net

www.gobison.com

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                WIU is in the Gateway for football and the Mid-Con for all other sports, FYI . . . we need to play as many of those schools, in as many sports as we possibly can, for future conference membership purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
                  I agree and think that is where SDSU should be looking to get into a conference the Gateway once WKU leaves and stay in the Mid-Con for everything else.

Comment

Working...
                  X