Former SDSU Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former SDSU Players

This isn't going to be good for anybody.

http://www.keloland.com/NewsDetail2817.cfm?Id=0,47508

Re: Former SDSU Players

2 college kids who stole some books. Just so happens they were FB players. I think we can survive this one. Hard to fault Stig or his staff. The problem lies with the individuals and needs to be addressed with that in mind. I hope they can gain some perspective and accept their punishment while being remorseful.

We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

I agree.

I'm not sure what second degree burglary is, but I'm sure a large % of college men have committed that crime. Not an excuse, but no reason to single the SDSU football team out on this.

Guess we take it as a compliment as we are in a new level??

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99

I sure hope not.

Comment

Meant the attention.

After reading what 2nd degree burlary is, it seems to encompass a lot. But as far as lifting books, it's not a very honorable act but it also shouldn't be news alert worthy.

http://legis.state.sd.us/statutes/Di...tatute=22-32-3

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
            I agree.

I'm not sure what second degree burglary is, but I'm sure a large % of college men have committed that crime.  Not an excuse, but no reason to single the SDSU football team out on this.  

I am pretty certain a large % of college men have not committed a felony. These are felonies not petty theft. Even if they were, it is still not something a lot of college men have done. Do you really believe a large % of college men are thieves? Give me a break.

Comment

The degree of seriousness in a burglary charge usually has everything to do with amount of $$ the items stolen were worth. Petty theft and 2nd degree burglary are essentially the same crime with different values on the items stolen. It's robbery that you need to worry about, which usually entails an element of physical threats and/or violence. I'm guessing since this I'm answering a legal question, this thread will soon be removed.
              "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

I believe there are also different degrees of petty thefts (i.e. less than $100 and b/w $100-$500). It's a felony because they were in the room/house without the consent of the owner/occupant.

Comment

It was outrage day today on VPU (a radio show on 1140 AM in SF) and some dude called in and said he was outraged by what was going on in Brookings and Fred being egomaniacal.

It was all I could do to not call in and tell the people that they shouldn't lump all SDSU grads into the same group. So ignorant I could hardly stand it. Why do we get grouped together for the actions of so few?? >

Comment

Because newspapers and television must make money, it is a lot easier to put SDSU athletes and get a reaction as opposed to john doe.

Comment

Where was the outrage from USDII's party. Maybe you guys are right in the fact that we are going to have to deal with living under a microscope because no one else around here does anything even remotely interesting (Good or Bad). :-/

Comment

I think it comes from the air of competitiveness that is still out there. Fact is, this state has been fairly polarized for a long time when it comes to rooting for or against a certain school, and it will take time for people to give up on their old feelings and realize there is a new reality now. There is still a decent sized contingent of our own fans that still long for the good ole days of the NCC and playing Augie and USD every year.

I am sure that for a long time coming opportunists are going to jump on any bandwagon they can to make SDSU look bad and we are going to have to deal with it. The biggest problem is we keep giving them the ammunition.

In the mean time we will just have to go on celebrating our victories and biting our lip when the non-believers come out of the wordwork.

Comment

Burglary is entering or remaining in a structure with intent to commit a crime therein.  It does not necessarily involve a theft although that is common.  For example, if one enters a building intending to beat the snot out of someone (an assault), that can be a burglary.

The degree of burglary depends mainly on two factors: the time of day and whether the structure was occupied or unoccupied.  A second-degree burglary is defined in South Dakota law at SDCL 22-32-3 as entering an occupied structure with intent to commit a crime or as remaining in an occupied structure after forming the intent to commit a crime, and the intended crime is other than the act of shoplifting or retail theft constituting a misdemeanor.  

Second degree burglary is a Class 3 felony which can be (this is the maximum limit and does not mean that it will be) punished by up to 15 years in the pen and a fine of up to $15,000.  A sentencing judge has a lot of leeway in determining what the appropriate sentence should be, particularly if the individuals charged have no serious criminal backgroun.  So....you wait and see....

Twins just beat the Angels in another come-from-behind win.  They're a pretty exciting team so far.

Comment

They said on the radio this morning that Clyde Calhoon was not going to be seeking any jailtime in the case. Sounded like the deal made was going to be a suspended sentence for the two.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD
                              Twins just beat the Angels in another come-from-behind win.  They're a pretty exciting team so far.
                              Just wish the starting pitching was better. Its really the strength of the team.

Don't worry about SDSU when it comes to this news. Worry about the kids and hope that they gain some perspective. We all make mistakes. Live and learn.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X