Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleware for '06 12th Game?

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ead.php?t=9444

So far, BlueHen's What's the word in Brookings ?

Re: Deleware for '06 12th Game?

Very interesting. You can see that our tough schedule has garnered some respect from fans who have no idea where South Dakota State even is. Never would have happened at the DII level.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Coach Stig mentioned on the Radio last fall that a home and home with Delaware was in the works. 8-)

Go State!

Comment

The open dates don't match up for '06. Not saying it won't happen, but might be more likely for later years. Would be nice to get them home this year and away next, would be a huge addition to the schedules.

Comment

this my friends would be cool sh-t for us 8-). possibly a chance to get people from the east coast looking at sdsu for playing football at and against. if this proves to be true i say we have a good schedule for the year before this but i think this game would move us into a pretty dang good schedule for the year.

Comment

;D This is a GREAT MT - like program ;D But we do need this (if 06) to be a home game and it's either to begin the season (8/25) or to end it (11/25). This is premier game against a premier opponent. WHAT A GREAT WAY TO KICK OFF THE SEASON

But if this is a road game...... 4 home/8 away...... THAT's a tough sell. November 25 game....Thanksgiving weekend?.....Brookings? I don't think that's a great plan at all.

But then, I've escaped to FLA (love it down here ;D) But not a great time of year to be on the great plains if not visiting family.

Comment

I have to think that this is a series that will start in '07 or later.

Go State!

Comment

'07 or later for this series to start. At least that is my best guess.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Lets hope for an 07 start and an 08 home game. This would be great for our program to get exposure to the east coast. Hopefully this also means the end to seeing NAIA schools on our schedules.

Comment

Reported, but not confirmed, on the UD board that the UD/SDSU contract is for the '10, '11 & '12 seasons. Series is supposed to be a two for one, two at UD, one at SDSU, but it wasn't specified as to which years were at UD or SDSU.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueHen
                      Reported, but not confirmed, on the UD board that the UD/SDSU contract is for the '10, '11 & '12 seasons. Series is supposed to be a two for one, two at UD, one at SDSU, but it wasn't specified as to which years were at UD or SDSU.

Welcome to the board BlueHen, thanks for posting!

Go State!

Comment

the battle of the teams with blue and yellow school colors will get a lil passionate when we play the blue hens.

Comment

Wow, that's in advance, but nice to know we have some top notch competition for years to come. Really like to see these programs come to Brookings!

Comment

Hmm... Delaware, Minnesota, Georgia Southern, Montana... beats the hell out of UNO and Upper Iowa, don't it!
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Unless you're a head coach who relies on wins to stay alive!

Comment

Working...
                              X