Road Trip on October 7, 2006!!!???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip on October 7, 2006!!!???

There are a few of us who made the Coyotes our favorite D2 football team when the Jacks made the move to D1.  We have an opportunity for a great road trip this fall on October 7 when USD hosts Central Washington at 2 pm in the annual Dakota Days football game and SDSU hosts Central Arkansas at 7 pm in the annual Beef Bowl contest.

I think it is the only time for us to see our two favorite teams play home games on the same date this year.

I hope that at few hearty football fans will make this trip!

Re: Road Trip on October 7, 2006!!!???

No offense, but I will save my money for road trip options of: NDSU, Montana and UNI 8-)

Comment

No offense but i am not interested in seeing the 'Yotes play. I can silently be happy for them if they do well in our absence in D-2 but i won't contribute to the effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99
        No offense, but I will save my money for road trip options of: NDSU, Montana and UNI   8-)
        What about Cal Poly? Should be another great game.

Comment

It should, but saw them last year. Didn't see the other three and two are close and Montana is still a long shot on my calendar with relatives in that state.

While I don't outright wish them to fail, I must admit it will be tough to keep from smiling if they fall on there face this year, especially vs. UCA. It has more to do with their fans trying to compare their team last year vs. the Jacks. I do hope they fare better than Augie

Comment

Originally posted by West_River_Jack
            There are a few of us who made the Coyotes our favorite D2 football team when the Jacks made the move to D1.  We have an opportunity for a great road trip this fall on October 7 when USD hosts Central Washington at 2 pm in the annual Dakota Days football game and SDSU hosts Central Arkansas at 7 pm in the annual Beef Bowl contest.

I think it is the only time for us to see our two favorite teams play home games on the same date this year.

I hope that at few hearty football fans will make this trip!
            Have fun, I don't plan to attend any USD games even though I will be living in Yankton. Any day off where I can see the Jacks play will be spent with my family, doing just that.

Not that I don't wish USD success, I just don't care to see them play.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

A day indoors at the "Dakota Dump" on a potentially beautiful or miserable early October day?

No thanks, I'll be in "The Backyard" [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] rain [smiley=vrolijk_1.gif] or shine listening to the 'Yotes on the radio and wishing them all the best!

Oh, that's right, we can't get them on the radio!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I concur with SUPERBUNNY.....the "DakotaDumpTM" is a mediocre football facility (and a putrid basketball arena).

Besides, I wouldn't want to end up with a crappy G.A. seat at Coughlin because I was in Verminville fighting a drunken Dakota Day crowd....USD game would end around five and it would be a challenge to make it to Brookville for the 7 p.m. kickoff.

Won't KELO likely televise the USD game anyway (damn USD bias)?? I would certainly have more fun sitting in the Backyard than being in the "DakotaDumpTM."

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                  I concur with SUPERBUNNY.....the "DakotaDumpTM" is a mediocre football facility (and a putrid basketball arena).

Besides, I wouldn't want to end up with a crappy G.A. seat at Coughlin because I was in Verminville fighting a drunken Dakota Day crowd....USD game would end around five and it would be a challenge to make it to Brookville for the 7 p.m. kickoff.

Won't KELO likely televise the USD game anyway (damn USD bias)?? I would certainly have more fun sitting in the Backyard than being in the "DakotaDumpTM."
                  I don't think that KELO has a USD bias, I'm quite sure that the U pays a handsome some of money to KELO to put the games on TV. Until USD starts paying me directly to listen/watch it is debatable whether or not I would. Don't wish them any ill will, just don't really care!

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

My road trips are to San Luis Obispo, Cedar Falls and Fargo this year. Wish I could go to all but have to draw the line somewhere. Those of you that are going to Missoula...you will really enjoy that, was there last year, a great experience. Oh...and of course all the home games sitting in the backyard before the game.....

Go Jacks !!!!!!
                    http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

Thibodaux and Lake Charles, LA. for me with at least two trips to Brookings and CAS. Verminville is no longer on the radar... they mysteriously dissapeard three years ago. I think they fell into the D2 abyss.

I dont miss them.

Comment

I'll drive 6 hrs, one way, to see the Jackrabbits play a home game.  On the other hand, I don't think I would cross the street to see Coyotes.  That said, I wish them well as they represent our great state of South Dakota in Division II.

Go State!  

Comment

I've been to the dome 3 times. Twice to play USD and once to play Morningslide when the game was snowed out. That's plenty for me. I plan on making the UNI game and hopefully the beef bowl this year.
                          "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Quite a few years ago my brother-in-law (an obtuse individual who believes that being a Moorhead State grad somehow makes him a Bison fan :-?) and I went to a SDSU vs UND game in Grand Forks.   UND won on what I thought was a bad call by an official.  I will mention, however, that I make no claims of objectivity in the matter and the official was right on top of the play while we were in the stands on the far side of the field.

The Coyotes were playing a night game against the Bison, so we stopped in Fargo on the way home and went to our second game of the day.  The Coyotes also lost.  As a South Dakotan I didn't like outcome of either game but I'm glad we took the opportunity to see two games in one day.

I don't remember what year this was, but both games were outdoors.

GO JACKS ;D

An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                            US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Working...
                            X