Jacks to PLAY 7 top 25 teams in 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks to PLAY 7 top 25 teams in 2006

When the schedule was set, did we expect this?

#3, 4, 6, 11, 12, 20, 22

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=10218

GO JACKS!

Re: Jacks to PLAY 7 top 25 teams in 2006

OH MY! I guess to be the best, you have to beat the best.

Comment

And did you notice that we also received votes?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74
        And did you notice that we also received votes?
        On my ballot @ 25.  Need to win again those 7 tho to have possibility to move up.  Our 8 points place us 45th, which is higher than we were a year ago. 2005 final GPI was 37.

Tough road,  but if we win either MT or UNI games, and one of the SLC, and win our ONE HOME CONFERENCE game, plus the 4 near gimme's. we'll garner respect.

I'll note that GWFC has three teams in top 20.

Comment

Football has been just a blast in D-I and I was more skeptical about it than any other sport. I can't wait for the first game!!!

SUPERBUNNY
          MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
            Football has been just a blast in D-I and I was more skeptical about it than any other sport.  I can't wait for the first game!!!

SUPERBUNNY
            AMEN, I don't have to remind this sophsicated group how some sports are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
              When the schedule was set, did we expect this?

#3, 4, 6, 11, 12, 20, 22

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ad.php?t=10218

GO JACKS!  
              Tough schedule.  Way to step up to the plate Jacks.  I would love to see you win all of them except for the game against the #6 team.

Comment

How many teams are in D-IA Football?

It makes sense that we play a fairly high percent of ranked teams. That is probably what is so exciting about this level of football and the fact that the National Champion is determined on the field!!!

I wish the big boys did it that way!!!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY
                  How many teams are in D-IA Football?

It makes sense that we play a fairly high percent of ranked teams.  That is probably what is so exciting about this level of football and the fact that the National Champion is determined on the field!!!

I wish the big boys did it that way!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                  IAA is the largest of all football divisions. This team is playing one hell of a tough schedule. It really took a toll on the men's basketball team. Can't wait for the year to start.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
                    122 teams in 1-AA rankings.  But this includes 13 non-schollie (at least) schools.

119 teams in 1-A.

I've not spent every waking moment looking at everybody's schedule, I have looked at most of the contenders.  I believe that no one plays more top 25 teams than the Bunnies in '06.  Most are playing BCS teams for a game, 2 or 3, so those also measure hard.

We'll need to get a couple of wins against this murderous group, to earn even more respect.

Hopefully in '07 we'll start getting some of these top programs to Brookings, and show them that Coughlin is a tough place to win too.
                    Thanks for the information. Had no idea there were that many teams. I love that our coaching staff is going out and playing the best. I'm a Husker fan as well and they play USC early but they play three gimmies before that. A good test every week will help with recruiting as well.

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

Working...
                    X