• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbits sign JC Defensive End

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,5120

05/01/2006

Jacks Sign JC Defensive End

BROOKINGS, SD - South Dakota State University has signed a junior college All-America defensive end for football.

Jason Bonwell, a native of Glendora, Calif., who played at Glendale Community College, had 18 sacks among his 63 solo tackles last season. Glendale finished the regular season 8-2, ranked 11th in the final regular season California Community College Football Coaches Association state poll.

Bonwell, 6-0, 250, was the team defensive Most Valuable Player, and earned third-team JC Grid-Wire All-America honors. He was also a first-team all-California JC selection, and first team all Western State Conference.

Bonwell’s stats also included 23 tackles for losses. He will have two seasons of eligibility remaining at SDSU.

Bonwell is a military veteran, having served in the United States Marine Corps.

Go State!

Re: Jackrabbits sign JC Defensive End

Maybe I was wrong, this guy sounds pretty tough.

Comment

From what I have heard Mr Bonwell is a very tough SOB. I think he will add alot to out D-Line. I believe they are still looking for 1 more JUCO d-lineman for added depth......

Go Jacks !!!!!!!
      http://members.cox.net/geauxcolonels...t/SDSU_bar.png

Comment

He sounds a bit undersized at 6'0 250 but I am guessing that is why we are recruiting him instead of Cal, Stanford and others.  I am sure his marine background will more than make up for his lack of size.

Comment

Elvis Dumervil is about the exact same size and he excelled at the I-A level at Louisville (and even was a mid-round pick, by Denver I believe). No reason why Bonwell can't do well at I-AA when in general the players aren't as large and athletic.

Comment

The fact that he is a 3rd team All American, alleviates any issues I might have about his size. 8-)

Go State!

Comment

Being a former Marine I am sure he will bring a great work ethic, determination and just flat out nastiness to the Jacks D.

Comment

I'm betting he has some speed for 250. 18 sacks last year....DANG!!! Lookin forward to the season to start.
                Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

here a pic of our guy in action looks to lay out the qb
                  looks like a stud. possibly a good catch for us.

Comment

[img]C:\My Documents\My Pictures\MARINES EGA TSHIRT.gif[/img]

As they say in the biz,

Semper Fi

OHH RAH Mr. Bonwell!

Up in the mornin' with the risin' sun

Comment

Welcome to the board rabbitman, thanks for posting!

Go State!

Comment

GeeSus is that guy HUGE!!
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Looks like a stud and we need help at that position. He doesn't look undersized to me and with that many sacks, he's got to have some serious speed!

Great find for the coaches!

SUPERBUNNY

P.S. I can't wait for football season!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I'm just gonna say one thing----HOLY SHEET!!  This guy is huge! Glad he is on our team
                            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

the d line is an area that needs more depth this year losses of the past year have left a hole. we'll see how things go down this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X