Gearing Up for Fall Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gearing Up for Fall Predictions

It is a little early but I want to throw out an idea for your reaction now since I am going to be gone for abut two months and away from regular internet access.

I plan to do the weekly football picks about like last year.  If you have suggestions for change let me know, but would plan to include all games that involve a Great West Conference team plus enough other games  invovling teams we play to have 8-10 picks each week.  Let me know if you have suggestions for changes that you would like to see.

I am also considering a new feature which would be a pre-season pick of the 10 conference games that would be due before the first game of the season.  ( It seems like there should be more than 10 games but that is all there is with just five teams.)   I would then compile them and keep a record of each persons accuracy on the preseason picks as the season proceeds.  Since all of the games would be picked, I would also use the results to determine each person's predicted order of finish in the conference.  (Of course as the season proceeds, these games would be predicted during the week they are actually played and picks may change based on performance to that point but the original picks would be used for this phase of the competition.)

Please let me know if you think this would add some interest to the competition or if you have questions or suggestions.  Either answer here on the message board or by e-mail as you prefer.

For those of you who may be new since last fall, here is the thread of one of the weeks last year so you can see how it worked.

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1130787020

Re: Gearing Up for Fall Predictions

Hey '74 - Great fun for us Bun's The AGS has a link thats covering much of the same, and is likely to be the same type of discussion, projection, but on the GWFC level rather than SDSU fans level.

Here's what's up there.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/foru...ead.php?t=9558

Eager to share views about our conference? I'd love to see more Jacks in the AGS projections also.

Comment

Working...
    X