2006 Attendance Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Attendance Predictions

What are your attendance predictions for the upcoming season?

Sept. 2 Wisconsin-La Crosse (Cereal Bowl) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 7 p.m.

Season opener against a team we should beat by 50. It's also a long weekend. I'll be there. My guess is 6,000 - 7,000.

Oct. 7 Central Arkansas (Beef Bowl) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 7 p.m.

Beef Bowl always draws well. Lots of alumni will be back. Again, it's a long weekend for students. First game back after a long a tough road trip. I plan on being there. 10,500.

Oct. 28 *UC Davis (Hobo Day) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 2 p.m.

Mo Rolla drew 14,000 last year for Hobo Day. Don't know if I'll be at this one. But we go over 14,000 again.

Nov. 4 William Penn (Iowa) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 1 p.m.

Bad team, bad time of year. Major let down in attendance. 3,000 - tops.

I think we average close to 9,000 next year.

Re: 2006 Attendance Predictions

My guesses:

Wisconsin-La Crosse: I hate those three-day weekends because it seems like most of the students want to leave town....we drew 5737 last year against them. I'll go with 6500 since there are fewer home games this year.

Central Arkansas: Ahh, the Beef Bowl and an intriguing opponent due to their D-1 transition. The three-day weekend won't help (but we drew over 12K for NDSU two years ago on the same weekend). I'll go with 12,000 since we have a lack of home games this fall.

UC-Davis: We drew 14,503 last year for Hobo Day despite crappy weather and a no-name opponent. This is our best home match-up of the season. Depending on the weather, we could get 15 to 16 K......maybe even challenge the record (16,193 back in 1985)...I'll go out on a limb and say we get 16,500 and break the record!

William Penn: Even if the weather is good, the opponent won't be and fans are thinking of basketball season. 3500 if the Pride plays; half (1750) if they don't.

Hopefully, we'll average 9500 to 10,000 this fall......Go Jacks!

Comment

Sept. 2 Wisconsin-La Crosse (Cereal Bowl) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 7 p.m. 8,000 or more opening week of classes and a night game. add about 500 or so people in the tailgate area

Oct. 7 Central Arkansas (Beef Bowl) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 7 p.m. 750 tailgators, about 9000 in the stands

Oct. 28 *UC Davis (Hobo Day) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 2 p.m. 16,000 sounds reasonable with almost 1,000 people in the tailgate area.

Nov. 4 William Penn (Iowa) Coughlin-Alumni Stadium 1 p.m. 2000 in the stands if lucky. pride season is over after hobo days. snow

Comment

Most of those are realistic, the lower number of games will definitely boost the average even will WP.

In order:
        10000 - first game after 4 road games, if Jacks win two of those fans will be coming in full force
        15250 - record is safe until we play an NDSU or similar
        2000 - depends on the success of season at this point and most definately weather. If it's nice that week could make 3500

Comment

You can add at least 2 to the UCA game as my wife and I will be there.  We look forward to the trip up there.

Go Bears!!

Comment

UCA Bears,
            I hope you make the trip to SD, It really isnt a bad drive, even though your a little south of where I live (Springfield, MO.) You will find a very festive and frieldly event. You will enjoy tailgating with our fans. and since your playing the "Beef Bowl" game I would expect around 12,000 in the stands.

Comment

We will be making the trip. Our daughter goes to school at Carlton College over in Northfield, MN. We have made that drive several times over the past few years and will go over there to visit her for a couple of days after the game. We really look forward to the trip and seeing a game in a new location.

Go Bears!!

Comment

you will enjoy the awesome video board we have. carleton has a good club hockey team that we play every year.

Comment

Working...
                X