Come on down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come on down

Any of  you Jackrabbit fans coming down to Lake Charles for the game this season?  

If you do you need to come tailgate with us at the Geauxcowboys.com tailgate area in the Westside Reserve Tailgating area.  See picture below.  (Note:  This is a 2004 picture right after they paved the roads in the tailgate areas and the grass has grown back now)

Also, if any of you are coming down, I need to ask a favor.  I collect hats of all the teams that we play and put them on the wall in my office.   I need to ask if one of you could buy me a SDSU hat (nice one) and bring it to me.   I'm willing to pay whatever is necessary.

Note:  This is also an old picture and I've added more hats since it was taken.

Thanks,
    Doc

Re: Come on down

Your wall of hats is a pretty cool idea, that is a nice picture of the stadium you got hanging up. it would be fun for some students to go down there if it was an affordable trip.

Comment

Hey Doc,

If no one brings you one let me know and I'll pick one up for you the next weekend when we go up there.

Comment

Originally posted by UCABEARS75
        Hey Doc,

If no one brings you one let me know and I'll pick one up for you the next weekend when we go up there.
        You got a deal if I don't get one. Hell, I'll buy it from you and then throw in a trade for a McNeese hat on top of it.

Hey, when we play you guys in the future, I'm going to need a UCA hat.

Doc

Comment

It is my understanding, which may be wrong, we start our series with ya'll in Lake Charles in '07. We can swap caps then, and I'll still throw in the SDSU cap if none of these 'jacks come through.

Comment

http://www.sdstatebookstore.com/merc...N72CS35H6336C5

You can try this but I am not a fan of the hat selection they have at the bookstore right now. I would rather you had the traditional solid blue with the SD on the front. I can see if there is one around here and let you know the cost.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice

You can try this but I am not a fan of the hat selection they have at the bookstore right now.  I would rather you had the traditional solid blue with the SD on the front.  I can see if there is one around here and let you know the cost.
              I'd order one if I had to but it is more fun to get one (or buy it) from one of the visiting fans.

Doc

Comment

In my opinion some of the stuff they have in the bookstore really sucks, a lot of it is stuff a student would think is dull and boring. they need to make some stylish shirts and hats no one wants blah merchandise.

Comment

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME YOU CAN'T ORDER A COWBELL ON-LINE?!?!

Sorry, but that SUCKS!!!
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Doc, forget the hat... get a South Dakota State University COWBELL!
                    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

you can buy cowbells at runnings farm and fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice

You can try this but I am not a fan of the hat selection they have at the bookstore right now.  I would rather you had the traditional solid blue with the SD on the front.  I can see if there is one around here and let you know the cost.
                        Sports Connection in Brookings has them.

Comment

Hey guys, the bottom line is this, are none of ya'll going to make the short, scenic jaunt down to
                          Lake Charles?

p.s. I'll bet anything Doc is good for the money although we have never met!

Comment

Originally posted by UCABEARS75
                            Hey guys, the bottom line is this, are none of ya'll going to make the short, scenic jaunt down to
                            Lake Charles?

p.s.  I'll bet anything Doc is good for the money although we have never met!
                            I would love to go and would bring him the hat for nothing, but we can't make it that weekend.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1
                              Doc, forget the hat... get a South Dakota State University COWBELL!
                              I got plenty of McNeese State Cowbells, I don't need anymore cowbells.  I like to collect hats.  Not many other teams have cowbells but they have hats.   By the way, cowbells are welcomed in "The Hole" (Cowboy Stadium) and are actually encouraged.   Cowbells are part of the McNeese tradition.

Below, a shot of a couple of my display cowbells on one of my McNeese shelves in my office and a new picture of my hat wall.

Doc

Comment

Working...
                              X