Oct.

6 at Georgia Southern
    20 Cal Poly
    27 at UC Davis

Nov.

3 at Central Arkansas
    10 Southern Utah
    17 NDSU

Looks like we need one more game, but I must say that looks like a heck of a schedule for the fall of '07!  8-)

Go State!  

Re: 2007 Football Schedule

We should pursue a I-A $$$ game (MAC, WAC, Sunbelt) for 9/8. 6 home games is good. We need to get into a 6/5 & 5/6 schedule again.

BTW '08, 1st yr of play-off eligibility, we should be striving for 6 home games. Become it's a 14 week season (rather than normal 13), 12 games can be scheduled. Any chance of getting the GWFC 1/3 scheduling situation modified? Or are we stuck until we add in a UNC replacement?

Comment

not a bad home schedule for this years juniors to finish up their college careers against tough competition. cant wait for it.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit
        We should pursue a I-A $$$ game (MAC, WAC, Sunbelt) for 9/8.  6 home games is good.  We need to get into a 6/5 & 5/6 schedule again.

BTW '08, 1st yr of play-off eligibility, we should be striving for 6 home games.  Become it's a 14 week season (rather than normal 13), 12 games can be scheduled.  Any chance of getting the GWFC 1/3 scheduling situation modified?  Or are we stuck until we add in a UNC replacement?
        Don't think any DIA teams will want to play us until 2008 when we are averaging the appropriate number of scholarships. THe way I unerstand we aren't a "counter" until then.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Looks like a tough schedule with 1AA OOC home games finally coming back to Brookings. Hopefully we can get a home and away with a 1aa school, starting on the road with a home game coming in '08. if we cant we should look for a D2 school for a home game. Keep looking for ways to keep a balanced home/away schedule and hopefully there will be at least one more team in the Great West to balance the conference schedule for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks15
            Looks like a tough schedule with 1AA OOC home games finally coming back to Brookings.  Hopefully we can get a home and away with a 1aa school, starting on the road with a home game coming in '08.  if we cant we should look for a D2 school for a home game.  Keep looking for ways to keep a balanced home/away schedule and hopefully there will be at least one more team in the Great West to balance the conference schedule for us.
            Agreed. I think at this point we have to demand the home and home vs. the situation with Montana that we had two aways and one home (which they could still buy out of).

Comment

Thanks for the info 89Rabbit.  Here is the information on known future games I posted earler updated to reflect the info you posted from the annual report.

Originally posted by Rabbit74
              I thought it would be good to have all of the future schedules together in one place.  Here is what I have found so far along with some guesses on home and home series.  If you have info on other games, post a response and i will consolidate it into a single posting.

Home
                 Davis
                 C Arkansas
                 William Penn
                 LaCrosse

Away
                N Iowa
                McNeese
                Ncihols
                NDSU
                Montana
                Cal Poly
                S Utah

Home
                Cal Poly
                NDSU
                S Utah
                Montana
                SF Austin
                Texas State

Away
                W. Illinois
                Davis
                Georgia Southern
                Central Arkansas

Home
                Davis
                McNeese
                W Illinois

Away
                Cal Poly
                S Utah
                NDSU

Home
                S Utah
                Cal Poly
                NDSU
                Georgia Southern

Away
                Davis
                N Iowa
                Minnesota

We may also have a return away game at S. F Austin in 08 an 09
              I would also guess N. Iowa is coming here in 08 since we are going there in 06 and 09
              Also likely that Nichols is coming here in 08 as a return for o6.
              However I could not find anything on any of these games.  

Comment

Become it's a 14 week season (rather than normal 13), 12 games can be scheduled.  
                I thought the 12 game change didn't go through?

Comment

I believe that football is allowed to schedule an extra game during years in which there is an extra Saturday between Labor Day and Thanksgiving.....correct me if I'm incorrect on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                    I believe that football is allowed to schedule an extra game during years in which there is an extra Saturday between Labor Day and Thanksgiving.....correct me if I'm incorrect on this one.
                    That's the reason that 12 games are allowed in '08, and not most years.

Regarding being a counter, when we're @ 51 and committed to 63 the next year, averaging 57 (90% of 63), then we're a "counter." I thought we've pushed up to 51 for '06, but ALL my info is from this board, so "on-site" folks, please correct me if wrong.

Comment

Again, according to the 2005-06 Jackrabbit Athletics Annual Report,  football will be at 50 scholarships this season, 57 the following year, 60 the year after that and finally at 63 for the '09 season.

Go State!  

Comment

So the Jacks become a counter for the '07 season is the intepretation of the info you list. Correct '89?

Comment

So the Jacks become a counter for the '07 season is the intepretation of the info you list.  Correct '89?  

I think '08 if I understand the rules correctly.

Go State!

Comment

Counter discussion: From the SUU discussion thread -

A "counter" is a term used to describe whether I-A teams can count a game against a I-AA squad toward a bowl berth. According to NCAA bylaws, a I-AA team is a counter only if it averages 90 percent of the permissible scholarship equivalencies.

Teams at the I-AA level are allowed a maximum number of 63 equivalencies, meaning the T-Birds would have to average 57 over a rolling two-year period.

So is the rolling period looking back? If so, that would support the '08 date for SDSU as we'd be averaging (50 + 57)/2 = 53.5 in '07. and 57 + 60/2 = 58.5 in '08.

If it's looking forward then it's '07.

BTW, UC-Davis has been VERY successful in getting $$ I-A games, a non-play-off eligible year ('07) would be a great time to get a $$ game! Especially since we got 6 home games lined up. (Tho I'm concerned about MT buying out their game)

Comment

I would also guess N. Iowa is coming here in 08 since we are going there in 06 and 09

I wouldn't say that. UNI is fast becoming the premier D1-AA program in the Midwest, if they aren't already and what's the draw to a regional D1-AA road trip to SDSU?

Comment

Working...
                              X