X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bottom line - Part 2

Chris Kelly's 14 page take on GWFC -

http://greatwestfootball.cstv.com/sp...080406aaa.html

Jacks need to win some of the top 25 teams games to start garnishing our respect.

Great successes on the field this year Rabbits!!!

Re: The Bottom line - Part 2

4. SOUTH DAKOTA STATE - After the first three teams in the Great West it's widely considered by much of the media that there is a drop off when it comes to South Dakota State. And, yes, maybe the Jacks aren't quite at the level of the top three (from a full season's perspective) but they're also not far behind. Last season, SDSU finished 6-5 and outside of a Texas State blowout the Jacks were impressive against some very good teams. They posted 42 against Georgia Southern, beat UC Davis, and lost to Montana and Cal Poly by seven and eight points respectively. The offensive core is back to lead the way this season, but defensive questions heading into the season have the Jacks picked 4th heading into fall.
    It will be an uphill battle this year as there is only one key game at home with UC Davis. Not that the Jacks will be looking past UCA, but they won't gain any DI repect with a win there.

After telling a coworker about the home schedule, it has realy sunk in how poor it is. I'm not complaining, as I understand the circumstances and think the AD/Football dept. has done a great job scheduling. However, I couldn't agree more that SDSU needs a few wins on the road against the top 20 teams to get some decent respect. Two wins out of the first four road games would be huge: Montana, UNI, Nichols St. and McNeese St. and set the tone for the season. The updside is that the first 6 games are all non-conference which should build up nicely at the end.

Comment

Re: The Bottom line - Part 2

I think even one win would get some respect.  It's been said many times, but we can't be happy with moral victories against top-20 teams anymore.  Sooner or later you have to step up and come away with a big win.  
      “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Working...
      X