2006 Jackrabbit 2 deep

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 Jackrabbit 2 deep

I know it's early but does anyone care to take a stab at the 2 deep?

Re: 2006 Jackrabbit 2 deep

i'll take that offer, give me a day and i'l have things figured out.

Comment

Post Spring Ball
      QB - Kardoes - Berry
      RB - Koenig - Watson
      WR - M Johnson - J Harris
      WR - D Snyders - P Aanonson
      WR - C Doblar - Steffen/Glen Fox
      TE - Wagner - Dykhouse/Anderson
      T - Erickson - Gillen
      G - Flesnar/LeBrun
      C - Oelkers - Robling
      G - Crumly/Witte
      T - Crumly/Knips

Oline might be a bit fluid depending on who steps up. My guess is that there will be a pretty decent rotation with the Wide Receivers. They go nearly 7 deep with Snyders, Johnson, Aanonson, Harris, Steffen, Fox and Doblar

DB - Koch - Horn
      DB - Gentile - Blackman
      SS - Rogers - Breyfogle
      FS - Hegge - Brock Campbell
      LB - Kranz/Johnson
      LB - Kubesh/Jackson
      LB - Hoogeveen - Grimlie/Stone
      DL - Nobiling - Suhn
      DL - Schroeder - Bazata
      DL - Pontrelli - Willie Jones
      DL - Bonwell - Dei

This doesn't take into account incoming transfers (except for Bonwell) and any true freshman.

Comment

Jtwice - what LB position is Kranz playing?
        "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Post Spring Ball
          QB - Berry - Crawford
          RB - Watson - Koenig
          WR - M Johnson - Doblar
          WR - D Snyders - Aanonson
          WR - J Harris - Steffen
          TE - Wagner - Dykhouse
          T - Erickson - Gillen
          G - LeBrun - Flesnar
          C - Oelkers - Robling
          G - Witte -Skiles?? not sure what position he plays.
          T - Crumly -Knips

DB - Koch - Horn
          DB - Blackman - Gentile
          SS - Breyfogle -Rogers
          FS - Brock Campbell - Hegge
          LB - Kranz - Johnson
          LB - Kubesh - Jackson maybe Simet?? heard rumors simet was gonna play some d.
          DL - Nobiling - Suhn
          DL - Bazata - Schroeder
          DL - Bonwell - Dei

This doesn't take into account incoming transfers (except for Bonwell) and any true freshman.

Comment

Jtwice - what LB position is Kranz playing?
            I believe we will see Marty battle with Chris Johnson for the Middle LineBacker spot.

Also, I forgot about Nate Koskovich (RsFr) getting into the Guard rotation. I believe Skiles will be at Tackle but I think there will be some rotation with positions until the coaches are confident with the new guys. During the couple of spring practices I saw (including the game) Crumly and Erickson both took reps at Guard. I think if Knips (RsFr) really steps up we could see him at starting Tackle and Crumly at Guard or vice versa.

maybe Simet?? heard rumors simet was gonna play some d.
            During Spring Nash was moved to D and was playing behind Breyfogle at SS.

Comment

QB -  Berry - Crawford
              NOT A CHANCE!! Crawford still hasn't learned the Offense enough yet.  It will be Andy unless he struggles, is injured or quits.

RB -  Watson - Koenig
              Only if Anthony avoids trouble.  Big IF

WR - M Johnson - Doblar
              WR - J Harris - Steffen
              This will be very fluid - The last few years there has been 7 or 8 receivers traveling and they all will get pt.  Look for Glen Fox to also see time - this is his natural position and he was recruited by UNI as a receiver - he was switched over from D late in Spring so he didn't get much of a chance yet.  

T  -   Erickson - Gillen  
              G  -   LeBrun - Flesnar
              C  -  Oelkers - Robling  
              G  -  Witte  -Skiles?? not sure what position he plays.
              T  -  Crumly -Knips  
              The only guarantee here is that Erickson will be the starting tackle, Oelkers will be the starting center and Crumly will start.  At Guard LeBrun, Flesnar, Witte, Koskovich will all battle for time.  The other Tackle will be Crumly or Knips with Skiles, Bender and Gillen all pushing for pt.

DB - Koch - Horn  
              DB - Blackman - Gentile
              SS - Breyfogle -Rogers
              I think Blackman is the heir apparent but came out of Spring as #2 - Rogers moved in front of Breyfogle during spring - Hegge will start at FS with Campbell backing him up (Campbell was switched in Spring from WR)

LB - Kranz - Johnson  
              MLB Kranz /  WSLB Kubesh / SSLB Hoogeveen - Jackson, Johnson, Stone and Grimlie will vie for playing time.

DL - Nobiling - Suhn  
              DL - Bazata - Schroeder
              DL - Bonwell - Dei  
              These 8 will all see time as they will all be rotated heavily - Schroeder will start before Bazata but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bazata get as much time a Schroeder.

I will say this.  There will be three weeks of Fall Camp before anything will be finally set.

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman
                Post Spring Ball
                QB - Berry - Crawford
                RB - Watson - Koenig
                WR - M Johnson - Doblar
                WR - J Harris - Steffen
                TE - Wagner - Dykhouse
                T - Erickson - Gillen
                G - LeBrun - Flesnar
                C - Oelkers - Robling
                G - Witte -Skiles?? not sure what position he plays.
                T - Crumly -Knips

DB - Koch - Horn
                DB - Blackman - Gentile
                SS - Breyfogle -Rogers
                LB - Kranz - Johnson
                DL - Nobiling - Suhn
                DL - Bazata - Schroeder
                DL - Bonwell - Dei

Last I heard was that Simet is in the mix for a DB position, not at linebacker. He's a tough kid (he told me that as long snapper he gets knocked into orbit by a guy who outweighs him by 100 pounds on every snap). Nash is smart and hard-working, but he doesn't have LB size.

And the Berry/Crawford mix at QB is what I've heard as well, with Berry well ahead in the competition because of his experience. Kardoes had some serious surgery in the off-season and couldn't work out much so he lost some weight. Nobody I have talked to is sure that he'll be able to contribute this year. Can anyone in the know fill us in on Andy's condition? I wasn't the biggest fan of his game last year, but when he was healthy he played pretty well. And it would really be lousy if he isn't healthy enough to compete for the job. He has earned that opportunity, at least.

With Berry likely to start at QB, looks like we'll be throwing the ball around a bit more this year (at least we'll be a consistent pass or run threat on offense). Berry's a gamer, but I just hope he doesn't take the kinds of hits he did last year. I would think a consistent passing game would just make the exceptional running game even more effective.

Comment

i'd like to see berry at qb or crawford, just because we can't constantly relay on our running to save our butts.  who knows though things can change over summer. wasn't there a rumor of one of the qbs going to defense? i know clayton wulf was switched to a d-back.

Comment

I know Andy had a surgery (low back I believe) last winter that kept him out of most of spring ball but I am not aware of any injury this off season.

I heard stig on a radio interview talk about Andy last spring. He commented about how much of a gamer that Andy is. On his first day of being cleared for activity he hit a receiver in stride 50 yards downfield. Coach said he stopped practice just to be sure it was ok that Andy was doing that.

I have seen a few practices here and there over the last few years. I have come to believe that Andy's biggest issue is trying too hard in games. Sort of the A-Rod factor. I'd like to think that with a year under his belt (and hopefully recovered from injury) Andy would settle down and be the QB he is capable of.

Comment

Wulf was moved to DB last year, but then moved to LB this year. I don't believe he will be on the team this year. He will still finish his academics at SDSU though.

Comment

I like the position we are in with our QB's.  Any one of the 3 mentioned QB's will be able to do the job.  Not a bad postition to be in at all.

Comment

Originally posted by JackTwice
                          On his first day of being cleared for activity he hit a receiver in stride 50 yards downfield.  Coach said he stopped practice just to be sure it was ok that Andy was doing that.
                          He probably stopped it because he was surprised Andy threw a pass that long ;D. Kardoes always looks a little nervous when there is a pass play. In my opinion and some football friends opinion I think they want to see a more balanced Offense rushing and passing wise. We'll see what happens.

Comment

It's amazing what a year of seasoning will do for a player. Highschool football, even in the big schools, is far less complicated than that of college football (obviously). It's really hard to play football when your head is swimming. That is especially true for QBs and Linebackers (who both need to know what's happening with all of the other positions on the field). I'm pretty sure Andy's head was swimming alot of the time last season. Hopefully another year under his belt will do wonders. Confidence will go along way to fix alot of his errors and hesitancies.
                            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm
                              I like the position we are in with our QB's.  Any one of the 3 mentioned QB's will be able to do the job.  Not a bad postition to be in at all.
                              Where does Burkhardt fit into the mix?
                              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Working...
                              X