The Great West Coaches and Media Polls are out:

Coaches:

http://greatwestfootball.cstv.com/sp...081106aaf.html

Media:

http://greatwestfootball.cstv.com/sp...081106aac.html

Go State!  

Re: Great West Coaches and Media Polls are out

From the media poll article:

Steve Buzzard, Sports 1140 KHTK, Sacramento, Calif.
    "There is no doubt that Cal Poly and North Dakota State are going to come back strong in 2006. And there is no doubt that South Dakota State and Southern Utah are going to struggle in `06. "

A little bulletin board material for the boys >
    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

no kiddin rjacks, but if history prevails, we should have a stellar season. those california white collar boys say we are going to struggle every year since we've moved into D1, well we are gonna send them a little message that hard nose cold weather south dakota boys grind out victories. i think mr. buzzard struggles gettin dressed in the morning. the jacks stuggle, please.

Comment

I think alot of people are hating on the jacks because they look at the low number of returning starters coming back and take it as a negative. I think that the new starters will do better than expected. Although we do have a gruesome schedule this year  , I don't think talent wise we are that big of a "drop" from NDSU, UCD, & CP.
        I think we'll get at least one big win this year against either Montana, UNI, CP, or NDSU that will show the potential of the team.

Comment

Here is a blue collared boy (old man actually) from California that has plenty of respected for the Jacks. SDSU played tough in both games against Cal Poly and could have won either of those games. I talked with one of our O-linemen and he said that SDSU was one of most physical teams Cal Poly faced last year. I also talked to one of the fathers of a Cal Poly player and he made all the road trips last year and he said his favorite trip was to South Dakota. He said the fans were great. I am looking forward to our game against SDSU. Hopefully our new east side of our stadium will be ready for that game. How many fans from SDSU do you expect to make the trip this year? I look forward to meeting some of you and talking football. Good luck this season and we will see you in October.

Comment

In all honesty, there are really no surprises in the results of those polls. Until we can beat the big name schools, we're always going to be ranked 4 in the Great West. Once we can win in the Fargo Dome or beat Cal Poly we can start talking about moving up. Now, the dig by the Sacramento writer is a low blow and frankly shows some ignorance on the matter. Our defense never gets any publicity with all the talk about our running game, but in both games against Cal-Poly our D performed very well. Same could be said for last year's Montana and Davis game. Take away the 4th quarter from the Davis game and our D actually dominated the game. The funny thing is, our defense last year was supposed to be young and thin. Same knock on them this year. All that means is there will be a game like the NDSU game last year where nothing goes right. I still expect our D to perform well in the majority of our games and our overall team to play well week in and week out. We just need to get over the hump and start winning some of the hard fought battles instead of just winning some minor respect for keeping it close.
            "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Close calls may signal improvement but until we actually beat team ahead of us, we won't deserve any higher a ranking and won't have unrealistic expectations. The comments about SDSU by the beat writer either deserve eloboration or shouldn't have been included. If he would have said something about the difficult schedule and the number of road games as a factor than the statement would have held more merit. I think we might struggle a bit against such a tough schedule and to suggest so with facts isn't so difficult to accept. As its stated here, I'll just ignore it.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

DSR's Great West Preseason Power Poll

4. South Dakota State

The Jackrabbits have probably the toughest schedule in the Great West. Only four home games, and six straight weeks on the road in which they'll play Montana, Northern Iowa, Cal Poly, and UC Davis.

Comment

Toughest schedule in the Great West.... hmmm... I'm thinking upset specials!!!
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
                  X